Advertisement

Review Group Week 173 - BATMAN and ROBIN #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:14 am

King Impulse wrote:I'm back for this week.

Who missed me...?

I almost put your name in red. :x

Advertisement

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:20 am

thefourthman wrote:It's been a long time since I was this excited about a book. Can't wait for Punchy to shit on my parade. ;)
The review was done last night, and then it wasn't up this morning, I was like what the hell, then it was up at 7am and then there was no thread... It was like Yoni ran the group or something. Anyone got an email address for Darth?

http://www.allenforminneapolis.com/

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:23 am

amlah6 wrote:http://www.allenforminneapolis.com/

well then email him bitch! he is probably trying to keep his secret life as a sith lord from destroying his political career.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 am

thefourthman wrote:It's been a long time since I was this excited about a book. Can't wait for Punchy to shit on my parade. ;)
The review was done last night, and then it wasn't up this morning, I was like what the hell, then it was up at 7am and then there was no thread... It was like Yoni ran the group or something. Anyone got an email address for Darth?

I'm actually sort of looking forward to this, no idea why, I know I've hated most of Morrison's recent DCU work, maybe it's because he's with Quitely this time, who brings the best out of him.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:27 am

thefourthman wrote:well then email him bitch! he is probably trying to keep his secret life as a sith lord from destroying his political career.

idk, he can't be trying very hard, his site hasn't updated in months. :lol:

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:29 am

Punchy wrote:I'm actually sort of looking forward to this, no idea why, I know I've hated most of Morrison's recent DCU work, maybe it's because he's with Quitely this time, who brings the best out of him.

If it helps bring your excitement level down a notch, he's said in interviews that this was inspired by the movie Crank. :P

Not that I've actually seen Crank, mind you, I'm just assuming it's balls like the rest of Statham's movies not named Snatch.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:30 am

amlah6 wrote:If it helps bring your excitement level down a notch, he's said in interviews that this was inspired by the movie Crank. :P

Not that I've actually seen Crank, mind you, I'm just assuming it's balls like the rest of Statham's movies not named Snatch.

Not seen Crank.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 23 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

I have two friends that saw Crank and swear that it is brilliant for brainless explosion riddled movies. I trust neither of them and know no one else that has seen it, how did it get a sequel?

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:31 am

Punchy wrote:Not seen Crank.

It looks really bad, right? I have a friend here at work who has the worst taste in movies of anyone I've ever met and she loved it.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:38 am

Apparently Crank is so over-the-top and stupid it's good, sort of like Loeb's Hulk.

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:40 am

Punchy wrote:Apparently Crank is so over-the-top and stupid it's good, sort of like Loeb's Hulk.

Rulk isn't over-the-top stupid, it's over-the-top fun. :x

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:41 am

amlah6 wrote:Rulk isn't over-the-top stupid, it's over-the-top fun. :x

It's stupid fun.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:55 am

I typically don't read or care for Batman all this DC stuff is throwing me out of my comfort zone :D

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:58 am

48THRiLLS wrote:I typically don't read or care for Batman all this DC stuff is throwing me out of my comfort zone :D

Basically, Batman is dead, or something, and the new Batman is Dick Grayson (Nightwing, the original Robin) and the new Robin is Damian Wayne, Bruce's illegitimate son whose mother is Talia (the daughter of Ra's Al Ghul), and he's kind of a dickhead.

KING King Impulse
Teenage Wasteland

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Prodigal Son
Formerly: King Impulse

Postby KING King Impulse » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:00 am

thefourthman wrote:so, um, who are you then? ;)

The guy that made your sig
THE ENTHUSIAST: The Internet's Premier Hate Free Zone!

| Website | Twitter | Facebook |

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand