Monday, December 5, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Magneto was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

The Outhouse Podcast!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

ThrillHouse

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby ThrillHouse » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:38 pm

We should totally do one. JUDE make it so.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm

This sounds like a great suggestion. One I've made before. :)

But seriously, if anyone's interested, and more importantly, knows what the fuck we'd need to DO it, speak up!

ThrillHouse

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby ThrillHouse » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:59 pm

Well I did a quick bit of research and basically you just need a microphone, which can be under $15. Plus some sort of audio editing program, like this one...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

to edit/cut out static. Plus you have to download a LAME MP3 Encoder to export the podcasts as MP3's.

Beyond that, I think it's just a matter of uploading the file to wherever it's gonna be hosted.

I'm trying to see how to set up incoming phone calls to play through the podcast.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:17 pm

ThrillHouse wrote:Well I did a quick bit of research and basically you just need a microphone, which can be under $15. Plus some sort of audio editing program, like this one...

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/windows

to edit/cut out static. Plus you have to download a LAME MP3 Encoder to export the podcasts as MP3's.

Beyond that, I think it's just a matter of uploading the file to wherever it's gonna be hosted.

I'm trying to see how to set up incoming phone calls to play through the podcast.

I have some great audio mixing software and skills. We could network our voices on skype for free.

ThrillHouse

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby ThrillHouse » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:52 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I have some great audio mixing software and skills. We could network our voices on skype for free.

Skype has shitty quality. But I guess there's no other alternative really..What software do you have?

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:57 pm

ThrillHouse wrote:Skype has shitty quality. But I guess there's no other alternative really..What software do you have?

I use Sony Acid for audio recording. It's very good for mixing and editing.

ThrillHouse

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby ThrillHouse » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:45 pm

Jude Terror wrote:I use Sony Acid for audio recording. It's very good for mixing and editing.

Yah that is pretty good.

leave a comment with facebook