Advertisement

Review Group Week 174 - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #597

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Mr_Batman
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm


Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:14 am

thefourthman wrote:And who said anything about Cap???

You know what, I don't have a clue.

Advertisement

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11392
Likes: 57 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:16 am

Mr_Batman wrote:You know what, I don't have a clue.

It was mentioned on another thread. I guess the outcry wasn't there for it, but no one seems to want to review my pick anyway.

Like I said, don't worry about it.
https://www.facebook.com/robotswithcoffee

Mr_Batman
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm


Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17 am

MrBlack wrote:It was mentioned on another thread. I guess the outcry wasn't there for it, but no one seems to want to review my pick anyway.

Like I said, don't worry about it.

I want to review your pick. So does fourthy. and a bunch of other people

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27319
Likes: 406 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:17 am

Mr_Batman wrote:You know what, I don't have a clue.

It was in the Cap 600 preview thread. I won't point any fingers, you can read it yourself.

AMLAH, I suggested an awesome compromise that I think even Mr. Black will be happy with in that thread, what do you think?
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Mr_Batman
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm


Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:19 am

thefourthman wrote:It was in the Cap 600 preview thread. I won't point any fingers, you can read it yourself.

AMLAH, I suggested an awesome compromise that I think even Mr. Black will be happy with in that thread, what do you think?

Yeah, I saw that earlier, but I wasn't sure if there was more

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11392
Likes: 57 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:20 am

Mr_Batman wrote:I want to review your pick. So does fourthy. and a bunch of other people

Like I said, make it a free week and let people review what they want.

Otherwise, if amlah is open to thefourthman's suggestion, I am fine with that as well.
https://www.facebook.com/robotswithcoffee

Mr_Batman
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm


Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:23 am

I think his idea is great

Dugan
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3668
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:59 pm
Location: London, England


Postby Dugan » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:31 am

MrBlack if this is in response to my post in the other thread (which i'm assuming it is) i was just messing about. You pick what you want to pick, i was just chiding you a but in the way i interpret the review groups members as usually joking with each other, ie Punchy's negative, GuitarSmashley writes one sentence reviews, you refuse to pick the big two etc.

I really didn't mean to cause offence and i promise i'll get your Transformers pick but don't leave the group over this.
Image

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11392
Likes: 57 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:37 am

Dum Dum Dugan wrote:MrBlack if this is in response to my post in the other thread (which i'm assuming it is) i was just messing about. You pick what you want to pick, i was just chiding you a but in the way i interpret the review groups members as usually joking with each other, ie Punchy's negative, GuitarSmashley writes one sentence reviews, you refuse to pick the big two etc.

I really didn't mean to cause offence and i promise i'll get your Transformers pick but don't leave the group over this.


This really doesn't have anything to do with me leaving the group. I just don't have the time. I almost left this past week, but amlah talked me out of it. At this point though, I just can't make the commitment, and it doesn't seem fair to have input into the direction of the group if I'm not making reviews.

As far as my reaction here, I've just been on edge lately, and the attitude towards the Transformers book pushed me over. Most people aren't even going to pick up the book, so why bother? However, if amlah wants to have a separate review group for Captain America #600 (which is a good idea), then I'm fine to keep my review for the week, or at least make it an "anything goes" week so others can participate.
https://www.facebook.com/robotswithcoffee

BubbaKanoosh
User avatar
2009 Most Valuable Poster
 
Posts: 36343
Likes: 730 posts
Liked in: 999 posts
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:50 am
Formerly: BRBKanoosh


Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:38 am

MrBlack wrote:Apprently, I've pissed a lot off with my review choice. Everyone seems to want to review Captain American #600, a book which everyone is going to buy and have an opinion on anyway. I assumed part of the reason for this group was to introduce people to books they would not otherwise read. I guess I was wrong.

So fuck it. Review whatever you want. I'm done. You can take me off the list amlah; I haven't gotten very many reviews in anyway.


I'm all down for you choice, when I suggest Cap review in another thread I said we should do a special review thread for that one while we do this one aswell.

Didn't mean to upset you...

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11392
Likes: 57 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:40 am

BubbaKanoosh wrote:I'm all down for you choice, when I suggest Cap review in another thread I said we should do a special review thread for that one while we do this one aswell.

Didn't mean to upset you...


Jeez guys, don't worry about it! :P

I admit I'm in a pissy mood today, but the stuff with the group was a long time coming. I love the group, but I just don't have the time.
https://www.facebook.com/robotswithcoffee

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27319
Likes: 406 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:52 am

MrBlack wrote:Jeez guys, don't worry about it! :P

I admit I'm in a pissy mood today, but the stuff with the group was a long time coming. I love the group, but I just don't have the time.

sleep less, imo. :-D
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11392
Likes: 57 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:53 am

thefourthman wrote:sleep less, imo. :-D


I've averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night this week. I could certainly do better. :D
https://www.facebook.com/robotswithcoffee

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27319
Likes: 406 posts
Liked in: 226 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:56 am

MrBlack wrote:I've averaged about 4 hours of sleep every night this week. I could certainly do better. :D

well if you know the areas in which you need to improve, why are you taking it out on us? ;-)
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11392
Likes: 57 posts
Liked in: 141 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:02 pm

thefourthman wrote:well if you know the areas in which you need to improve, why are you taking it out on us? ;-)

I (not so) secretly hate you all. :P
https://www.facebook.com/robotswithcoffee

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 56 guests

Advertisement