Advertisement

Review Group Week 175 - TRANSFORMERS SPOTLIGHT: CLIFFJUMPER

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

SuperginraiX
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 8206
Likes: 120 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: Waite Park MN
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane


Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:14 pm

IDW released two Classic Transformers Volumes a year or so ago but it looks like they've fallen out of print already.

Way to capitalize on the movie, IDW. :?

EDIT: Well, it looks like you can still pick up Volume 2... just not the first one.
Image

Advertisement

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:39 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:IDW released two Classic Transformers Volumes a year or so ago but it looks like they've fallen out of print already.

Way to capitalize on the movie, IDW. :?

EDIT: Well, it looks like you can still pick up Volume 2... just not the first one.


Hasbro should have left the reproduction rights to those with Marvel. They would have kept that stuff in print, especially when the interest is high for the movies.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:41 pm

amlah6 wrote:Hasbro should have left the reproduction rights to those with Marvel. They would have kept that stuff in print, especially when the interest is high for the movies.

yeah, cause Marvel is so good, historically (I will admit they have been doing a better job in the last year, now if we can get them to use a numbering system that makes sense), at keeping things in print. That is why there are all kinds of Marvel Trades that sell for stupid amounts of money on ebay, when the issues are plentiful and cheap.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:46 pm

thefourthman wrote:yeah, cause Marvel is so good, historically (I will admit they have been doing a better job in the last year, now if we can get them to use a numbering system that makes sense), at keeping things in print. That is why there are all kinds of Marvel Trades that sell for stupid amounts of money on ebay, when the issues are plentiful and cheap.


Yeah, but none of that stuff has a movie tie-in to promote. Something like Transformers that could be a consistent seller while there is a movie coming out every 2-3 years would stay in print. I'm talking mostly about the bookstore market here rather than the direct market of course.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:48 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah, but none of that stuff has a movie tie-in to promote. Something like Transformers that could be a consistent seller while there is a movie coming out every 2-3 years would stay in print. I'm talking mostly about the bookstore market here rather than the direct market of course.

hey, that shit sells here too. In fact until the first movie came out we kept a full run of the Titan runs on the shelf, then that stuff became impossible to find or reorder.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

SuperginraiX
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 8206
Likes: 120 posts
Liked in: 117 posts
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:51 pm
Location: Waite Park MN
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane


Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm always going to regret not completing the Titan runs. I'm about three books short and number nine is impossibly expensive. :(
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Titan must have happened between 2002 and 2005. I've never even heard of that company. :?

Shaggy is Casey Kasem...
Scooby Doo bestiality porn...
There was a publisher called Titan...

This week's thread is like kindergarten. I'm learning all kinds of shit.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:15 pm

amlah6 wrote:Titan must have happened between 2002 and 2005. I've never even heard of that company. :?

Shaggy is Casey Kasem...
Scooby Doo bestiality porn...
There was a publisher called Titan...

This week's thread is like kindergarten. I'm learning all kinds of shit.

British company, held the DC license for years.... http://titanbooks.com/home/us
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:28 pm

thefourthman wrote:British company, held the DC license for years.... http://titanbooks.com/home/us


Yeah... I don't really buy a lot of TV show companions.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:34 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yeah... I don't really buy a lot of TV show companions.

that's what they publish here...
They do the awesome Dan Dare collections of the original Eagle stuff
Image
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:37 pm

thefourthman wrote:that's what they publish here...
They do the awesome Dan Dare collections of the original Eagle stuff
Image


I'm not made of money dammit, stop taunting me with things I might want to buy! :x

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:41 pm

amlah6 wrote:I'm not made of money dammit, stop taunting me with things I might want to buy! :x

you are so lucky you don't shop at my store.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

ThrillHouse
User avatar
Swedish Pinata of Death
 
Posts: 3962
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:43 am


Postby ThrillHouse » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:42 pm

IIRC, Cliffjumper got blown to shit by Megatron in the animated movie.

That's about all the exposure I have to him.
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 63 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:44 pm

thefourthman wrote:you are so lucky you don't shop at my store.


You're right. From what I've heard about it, the shops here are better. :P

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:51 pm

amlah6 wrote:You're right. From what I've heard about it, the shops here are better. :P

dude, you could help me sell phonogram.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 130 guests

Advertisement