Advertisement

ReviewGroup Week176 - DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: UTOPIA #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:05 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Well you're off the christmas card list.

2 phar. :cry:

Advertisement

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 328 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:54 pm

amlah6 wrote:2 phar. :cry:

You know what you did.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 328 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:54 pm

What the hell did I just read? That was the most chaotic, disorganized comic I've ever read and I tried to read The Filth. I'll write a full review later this week. It will be epic.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:40 am

guitarsmashley wrote:What the hell did I just read? That was the most chaotic, disorganized comic I've ever read and I tried to read The Filth. I'll write a full review later this week. It will be epic.

Epic? 2 sentences then!

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:25 am

I think I'll be posting a review maybe this weekend. I don't know if I'll have time

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 am

Punchy wrote:Epic? 2 sentences then!

I hear he's going to include punctuation and everything.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 51 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:14 am

MrBlack wrote:Well, Chuck in the wheelchair doesn't appear to be Chuck (see last panel of the issue), so maybe Norman and co. just went with the way that everyone remembers him.

wheelchair Prof is obviously Norman's doppleganger, guy in a cell telling everyone they are fucked is obviously charles and still crippled.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:15 am

McKegan wrote:I roll my eyes at the fool who'd call Silversti a Jim Lee clone. ROLL MY EYES!!!!!!!

he's obviously part of that school.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 79 posts

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:16 am

thefourthman wrote:wheelchair Prof is obviously Norman's doppleganger, guy in a cell telling everyone they are fucked is obviously charles and still crippled.

There's a good chance he's still crippled, but just because he's on the floor doesn't confirm that. Beast was sitting on the floor as well.

I'd give it until the next time we see Charles just to make sure. Maybe if we complain enough, Fraction will fix it. :wink:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:22 am

Punchy wrote:Did #512 of Uncanny offer any x-planations (heh) for Beast's behaviour? It's an issue focusing on him and his X-Club travelling back in time.

no, and I still don't think he marched the students in, I think he was there to keep an eye on it and HoJ is wrong, the Humanity Now people are rolling their sleeves up the second they walk over the bridge, they were the provokers. Let's see we have this obvious anti mutant agenda, what's the best way to stir up shit? Let's march into their home and tell our stupid shit to their faces.

It's funny to me that the third review sees Trask as a levelheaded guy instead of an expert manipulator, he is obviously a mirror to Norman.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:25 am

McKegan wrote:Did this issue set a record for most pencil assists/inkers on a single issue?

I think so (at least single story - I mean Popgun has more, but it is a fucking anthology and like several hundred pages long), and what exactly is a pencil assist did they hold the "pencil" for Silvestri while he drew?

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:25 am

thefourthman wrote:he's obviously part of that school.

Silvestri was doing X-Men a couple of years before Lee's first Marvel work. If you were going to call one a clone of the other (which would be silly seeing as they are contemporaries and mutually influential on each other), technically Lee would be the clone.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:28 am

MrBlack wrote:There's a good chance he's still crippled, but just because he's on the floor doesn't confirm that. Beast was sitting on the floor as well.

I'd give it until the next time we see Charles just to make sure. Maybe if we complain enough, Fraction will fix it. :wink:

it was the way he was sitting on the floor. no one sits like that.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 am

amlah6 wrote:Silvestri was doing X-Men a couple of years before Lee's first Marvel work. If you were going to call one a clone of the other (which would be silly seeing as they are contemporaries and mutually influential on each other), technically Lee would be the clone.

shuddup.
I am happy in my blissful ignorance of the nineties. One motherfucker looks like the other. Who cares which was first?

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:30 am

thefourthman wrote:I think so (at least single story - I mean Popgun has more, but it is a fucking anthology and like several hundred pages long), and what exactly is a pencil assist did they hold the "pencil" for Silvestri while he drew?

More than likely, Silvestri did the basic layouts and the detail on some of the characters on select panels/pages.

I've only read about half of the issue, but it looked like in the credits that pretty much the entire Top Cow studio (those artists are the ones you should be hitting with the clone/drone label) is working on this issue. Calling Silvestri the penciller on this feels like false advertising to me.
Last edited by ****** on Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 am, edited 2 times in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand