Advertisement

ReviewGroup Week176 - DARK AVENGERS/UNCANNY X-MEN: UTOPIA #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:31 am

thefourthman wrote:shuddup.
I am happy in my blissful ignorance of the nineties. One motherfucker looks like the other. Who cares which was first?

We're talking late 80's here, wiki your timelines foo! :P

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 238 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 am

amlah6 wrote:More than likely, Silvestri the basic layouts and the detail on some of the characters.

I've only read about half of the issue, but it looked like in the credits that pretty much the entire Top Cow studio (those artists are the ones you should be hitting with the clone/drone label) is working on this issue. Calling Silvestri the penciller on this feels like false advertising to me.

Which is what my review focuses on. No matter what McKegan things.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:32 am

amlah6 wrote:We're talking late 80's here, wiki your timelines foo! :P

late eighties, nineties, it's all the same. I was to busy failing at getting laid to be reading X-Men.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:33 am

thefourthman wrote:Which is what my review focuses on. No matter what McKegan things.

You should probably be thankful to McKegan for making it that far into your review instead of arguing about the parts you were wrong about. :wink:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:34 am

amlah6 wrote:You should probably be thankful to McKegan for making it that far into your review instead of arguing about the parts you were wrong about. :wink:

huh? what the hell was I wrong about before that??

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 am

Remember when I started this group. I'm like a review group God.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:38 am

Twigglet wrote:Remember when I started this group. I'm like a review group God.

of suckiness.

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:39 am

thefourthman wrote:huh? what the hell was I wrong about before that??

I wouldn't know, I just used ctrl+f to find the clone part McKegan was talking about.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:40 am

amlah6 wrote:I wouldn't know, I just used ctrl+f to find the clone part McKegan was talking about.

ha ha ha :roll:

Postby ****** » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 am

Twigglet wrote:Remember when I ripped the Review Group idea off of the Bendis Boards? I'm like a total thread copier.

Fixed.

You're always welcome to re-join you know. :wink:

3MJ

Postby 3MJ » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:42 am

thefourthman wrote:of suckiness.

I also started the daily trivia game here.

Man, I rock.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 411 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 am

Twigglet wrote:I also started the daily trivia game here.

Man, I rock.

Not so much, now if we wanted to start a club about shitty x-men characters you would be the top of my list to lead that one.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Hmm, not quite sure what to make of this one yet.

I liked it, but it seemed a little unfocused, and I never really felt the riots were as bad as Fraction made them out to be.

But the set up is strong for the crossover, and there were some good character moments.

I'll need to re-read it, but Review should still come on Saturday.

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:24 pm

thefourthman wrote:it was the way he was sitting on the floor. no one sits like that.

I blame the artist or they're trying for misdirection. Man, I hope they don't put him back in the chair. :evil:

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 152 posts

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:57 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:I blame the artist or they're trying for misdirection. Man, I hope they don't put him back in the chair. :evil:

I was about to say the same. Yeah, nobody sits like that, but...well...it's Silvestri...
https://www.facebook.com/robotswithcoffee

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand