Advertisement

Walking Dead Trade up for, well, gifting....

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Walking Dead Trade up for, well, gifting....

Postby kingbobb » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:38 pm

With the direction this looks like it's heading with Ish #48, I know I'm never buying another trade of this series again. I've got the first 5 or 6 trades. Anyone want them? I think I'd prefer to keep them as a set, although if no one's interested in them all, I can put them out piecemeal.

First comers served first. I'll confirm which trades I have tomorrow.

Advertisement

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:41 pm

I'll give 'em a home.

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:18 pm

L'Ind├ępendant wrote:I'll give 'em a home.

Damn...:(

I'd consider taking whatever Shawn doesn't.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 64 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Wed Apr 02, 2008 11:07 pm

I very much doubt they're killing the Carl (if that's your objection) but if not, would you mind sharing?
Secondly, how come not liking the future means you won't be able to re-enjoy the past?

I've been a huge fan of TWD since day one, and this arc has only got me more excited for the book.

EDIT: I just read the #48 spoiler, and I don't blame you for the first one.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:28 am

I can enjoy the story without keeping the books. But knowing where the story goes will make it hard to enjoy and re-reads. Plus, I look at my collection as a family resource. Someday my kids are going to read my collection, and while I don't mind having gaps and holes in storylines, this is one story that I'd rather have the whole thing or nothing. Because at some point, if I keep them, they'll be read, and someone will ask "what happens next?" If they encounter that on their own, they can make their own decision to pursue it further.

I think, aside from touching on what are my greatest personal fears in real life, this series has taken a direction I just don't find compelling. Zombie stories can be many things, but the ones I'm most interested in include some aspect of the best of humanity. The zombie can be seen as mankind's worst inclination, distilled down to a near-mindless husk that cares more for it's own engorgement over self preservation. It goes beyond selfishness, into a realm of desire to the exclusion of everything else, leading the body to do terrible, terrible things.

In the survivors, you want to see humanity's best. They usually aren't the best of people, and often are among society's outcasts. But in the face of true depravity, you hope to see glimpses of the greatness that people are capable of.

Walking Dead now just seems to be an examination of all the worst aspects of people. It's not for me. 10 years ago, 20 years ago, I'd probably have felt different.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand