Advertisement

Recent Ted Turner Interview

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

L Independant
25 To Life

Liked in: 0 post

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:18 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I'm willing to bet on it.

He has a hard enough time with pretzels.
That was twice, too, wasn't it? Why aren't Rold Golds on the terrorist watch list?

Advertisement

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:22 pm

L'Indépendant wrote:You're forgetting, though - humankind's reason and rationale and ability to act against nature may be its saving grace, if looked at optimistically. There'll be a point where more and more people get on the "oh shit I should do my part" bandwagon and tailor their actions a little in defense of the common good.

I'm a bit of an optimist.

And a misanthrope. Secretly, I want all those people dumb enough to eat the Silica Gel packets to just eat them and save us their stupidity. I have a feeling our president would be one of them.

Another misanthrope, eh?

I will be night and you can be day.

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:26 pm

L'Indépendant wrote:That was twice, too, wasn't it? Why aren't Rold Golds on the terrorist watch list?

Probably because the Department of Homeland Security filed the paperwork wrong. Seems to be their M.O.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:43 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I'm willing to bet on it.

He has a hard enough time with pretzels.

He should stick to Jell-O.

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 88 posts

Postby misac » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:45 pm

our military is geared towards fighting a cthulhu invasion or major world war, not the kind of battle we are fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan

Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:10 pm

I agree with most of what he said. Overpopulation is causing problems, especially with food shortages. The U.N. is really concerned with this.

I know I'll sound horrible saying this, but we need to respect nature a lot more. Desert areas where these is no food, or the potential to grow enough food... those places aren't supposed to be thriving with humans. The process of these areas turning to desert happened slow enough that under normal circumstances, those people should have migrated to other areas, or died off. What we've decided to do is maintain the suffering of those people over generations at the expense of everyone else on the planet.

As for Global Warming, that's all about profit. Those Carbon Credits Gore goes on about paying... those payments go back to his own company. There's an entire industry being built up around this hype. The solution to too much Co2 is simply more trees. We were warned in the 80's about destroying the rainforest, but those same companies are now saying there's too much Co2... right. High levels of Co2 have not shown to be associated with warming trends in history, but high levels of solar activity have... and we're having that now and every planet is being affected, even the ones we aren't on.

We do spend entirely too much on the military, and the insurgents are a kind of patriot. I'm not saying I support them, but if I were in their shoes, I'd be fighting against a group of invaders from a foreign country as well.

We're also being told that a border fence is an impractical solution for securing our borders. Yet we're spending our tax dollars on a border fence for Egypt... coincidentally the exact SAME border fence Israel wanted to build back in September. While the media skips that fact over here, you can bet it's making a whole lot of people over there very angry.

All of this needs to stop. The money we spend on the military and all these bullshit terrorism programs are hurting us. Our economy is tanking, the US has record numbers of idiots graduating high school, and we're expelling second grade students for sexual harassment. All of this stuff has gone WAY too far, and while most people don't feel the effects yet, by the time they do, there won't be anything left as far as freedom goes. Already, the US has more prisoners per capita than anyone else... and we're spreading Democracy and Freedom around the world?

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 297 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:31 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I think we should take the "Do not eat" warning off of those little packets that come with electronics.

If we need to explain that your stereo didn't come with a snack, we're just holding back the natural order of things.
This needs to be the Melon quote-of-the-month
SHABBA!

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:45 pm

Keb wrote:This needs to be the Melon quote-of-the-month

I have my moments

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Recent Ted Turner Interview

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:55 am

Alex Delarge wrote:
He said China just wants to sell us shoes and Russia just be our friend....given that America is doing so poorly lately I cannot help but agree to this from what is going on on the surface. China or Russia could hurt us if they wanted to, but they don't.

They don't need to hurt us, we're doing it too ourselves.

And if Teddy Boy thinks The Communist Chinese Govt. and Comrade Vlad Putin just want us to be pals, he's nuts.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:01 am

MoneyMelon wrote:I have my moments

Can't get the embed for this, but this one's for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzriEXPJ1-k

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum