Advertisement

3rd Graders Plotted to Kill Teacher

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:26 pm

Carrie wrote:It's not the same type of Special Ed most people think of. They put children with behavioral problems in separate classes so that they don't disrupt other students. You may not have had significant enough behavioral problems to be separated.

That's right. I was put in a group like that in elementry school. For like a semester I became unruly and then went back to normal.

Advertisement

Carrie

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Carrie » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:34 pm

misac wrote:That's right. I was put in a group like that in elementry school. For like a semester I became unruly and then went back to normal.

Temporary insanity?

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby misac » Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:55 pm

Carrie wrote:Temporary insanity?

I guess. I look back at that time and it's so out of character for me.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:13 am

Carrie wrote:The article said they could only be charged with being unruly because of their age, and I'm sorry, but plotting to kill your teacher is not just "kids being kids." Also, they aren't 'challenged'. They have behavioral problems like ADD and ADHD, neither of which prevents them from knowing that what they were doing was wrong, as evidenced by the fact that one student was assigned the job of covering the windows so that no one could see what they were doing.

Something we don't like to admit is that kids learn things, but don't really understand them. While I'm not one to go after banning shows, movies, and games because they might have a bad influence on kids, it would be interesting to learn how these kids came up with this plan.

They're 9...what else can they be but kids? I"m pretty sick of adults treating children like they're adults when it comes to crime, because the adults can't understand that children often lack the ability to fully appreciate what they're doing. When our 2 year old throws all his clothes out of his dresser and onto the floor, we don't yell at him or allow ourselves to get mad. Because he really doesn't know better. He's still learning.

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Postby KingPagla » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:02 am

kingbobb wrote:Something we don't like to admit is that kids learn things, but don't really understand them. While I'm not one to go after banning shows, movies, and games because they might have a bad influence on kids, it would be interesting to learn how these kids came up with this plan.
My guess would be South Park, or Family Guy, or Boondocks or some other animated show featuring kids but aimed at adults.
I've had to point out to parents I know that their kids are watching adult shows.

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:03 am

MechaKingPagla wrote:My guess would be South Park, or Family Guy, or Boondocks or some other animated show featuring kids but aimed at adults.
I've had to point out to parents I know that their kids are watching adult shows.

Or it could have been from watching old looney toons cartoons. I remember several cartoons that referenced tying someone up and holding them prisoner.

Goddamn it. I miss them, do they show them on TV anymore?

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum