Sunday, July 31, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Mark Chiarello & the Negro League

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:17 pm

Hey guys, I found this interesting interview with DC Art Director Mark Chiarello in Juxtapoz magazine about his new book where he does watercolour portraits of Negro League players from way back. I thought it was pretty interesting, so I wanted to share

http://www.juxtapoz.com/index.php?optio ... ew&id=2872 linky to some watercolours.

Thunderstorm

Not a Kardashian

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:51 am

That's damn impressive. Watercolor was always something I could never work with, and seeing these pictures with all the detail and emotion in the faces is pretty amazing to me.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:16 am

Wow, those are beautiful

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:10 pm

Those are awesome! I can only imagine how hard those were to do with watercolor. We used to use watercolor when I worked at the tattoo shop to do flash art. Nothing anyone I worked with came close to those.

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:43 pm

The Willie Wells & Home Run Johnson portraits are done particularly well.

Also, if you click "Previous" that Edwin Ushiro piece is awesome...although it has nothing to do with the thread topic.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:08 pm

Those are amazing. I like the middle one.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:51 pm

There are a bunch of others in the issue that are really nice. I can scan them to show you guys, but I don't wanna be breaking any copyright laws or anything.

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:09 pm

Really nice work.

leave a comment with facebook