Advertisement

Review Group Week 178 - WEDNESDAY COMICS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:14 pm

VinnyPic wrote:If you were born yesterday, I could understand being surprised by the length of story, format, paperstock, pricepoint, ETC.


Just because the format was announced ahead of time doesn't mean that I can't say that it sucks. I didn't pick the book, I just posted my review of it. If it wasn't picked for the group I wouldn't have bought it because it was never something that interested me. Sorry for not following along with everyone else and loving the book.
Last edited by ****** on Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:16 pm

thefourthman wrote:I'm not apologizing for shit. Nope, fuck that, I will apologize to rational people in the group for letting an obviously insane and deluded man run it.


It's a requirement in the job description. Just look at my predecessors. :twisted:

vinnypic
User avatar
Expert Post Whore
 
Posts: 5471
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Stark Industries Coney Island Facility
Title: UNSTOPPABLE


Postby vinnypic » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 pm

amlah6 wrote:Just because the format was announced ahead of time doesn't mean that I can't say that it sucks. I didn't pick the book, I just posted my review of it. If it wasn't picked for the group I wouldn't have bought it because it was never something that interested me. Sorry for not following in line with everyone else and loving the book.


I don't think it's a valid criticism is all.

If you bought it knowing te format wasn't for you, then lo, the format wasn't for you, it's a cop out to use it as te basis of your criticism.

It's like saying 'ASM sucks. I hate Spider-Man and he sucks. He is the lead of ASM, terefore it sucks.'
Image

Bow the fuck down.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:18 pm

Ooooooooh! Coup coup coup coup coup!
Image

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:24 pm

VinnyPic wrote:I don't think it's a valid criticism is all.

If you bought it knowing te format wasn't for you, then lo, the format wasn't for you, it's a cop out to use it as te basis of your criticism.

It's like saying 'ASM sucks. I hate Spider-Man and he sucks. He is the lead of ASM, terefore it sucks.'


The format of the series is a huge part of the experience and therefore criticizing it is fair game, IMO.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26389
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:24 pm

House of J wrote:Fuck you! I refuse to accept your apology until you kick Amlah in both shins with steel-toed elf booties!

steel toed elf booties?

I can't fight will farrel.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26389
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:24 pm

amlah6 wrote:It's a requirement in the job description. Just look at my predecessors. :twisted:

I expected more from you. This day will shame you for eternity.

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:25 pm

House of J wrote:Ooooooooh! Coup coup coup coup coup!


:smt015

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26389
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 pm

amlah6 wrote:The format of the series is a huge part of the experience and therefore criticizing it is fair game, IMO.

I'm not saying it isn't, but just think about this, you are agreeing with Tabu over the rest of comic dom... you might as well be yoni and darth's love child.

vinnypic
User avatar
Expert Post Whore
 
Posts: 5471
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:42 pm
Location: Stark Industries Coney Island Facility
Title: UNSTOPPABLE


Postby vinnypic » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 pm

amlah6 wrote:The format of the series is a huge part of the experience and therefore criticizing it is fair game, IMO.


Same thing as my example, IMO.

We're not about reviewing format, are we?

We're about reviewing comics. The convergance of dialogue and art.

And guess what? These stories kicked ass for the most part.
Image

Bow the fuck down.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 pm

thefourthman wrote:steel toed elf booties?

I can't fight will farrel.


C'mon, make like Crispin Glover on Letterman and KICK!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26389
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:26 pm

amlah6 wrote::smt015

see he can does this because I never ever want to run this group.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 pm

amlah6 wrote::smt015


Coup him now! He's a narcoleptic!

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post


Postby ****** » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 pm

thefourthman wrote:I expected more from you. This day will shame you for eternity.


Criticize a DC darling and the drones get their panties in a twist. It's just 52 #52 all over again.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26389
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:27 pm

VinnyPic wrote:Same thing as my example, IMO.

We're not about reviewing format, are we?

We're about reviewing comics. The convergance of dialogue and art.

And guess what? These stories kicked ass for the most part.

format is part of it, you are tettering close to Punchy territory now, just thought you might like to know.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 64 guests

Advertisement