Saturday, October 1, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "The Outhouse Universe will never be the same!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:54 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itD7cyby ... p?t=154045

Awesomeness! :-D

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:04 pm

You have to wait!

I've never read the comic, but I did see the first movie recently, and I was ery entertained. It looks like they gave Del Toro a bigger budget for this one (unless they're doing more for cheaper).

This'll be the big opener for July 11, and then Dark Night will be the big opener the next weekend. 8)

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:08 pm

L'Indépendant wrote:You have to wait!

I've never read the comic, but I did see the first movie recently, and I was ery entertained. It looks like they gave Del Toro a bigger budget for this one (unless they're doing more for cheaper).

This'll be the big opener for July 11, and then Dark Night will be the big opener the next weekend. 8)

I'm a HUGE fan of the comics. Mignola fascinates me with how he bases the stories on real folk tales and legends and brings a lot of cool action and humor to it. The Hellboy stuff is really phenomenal. I recommend it, if they have it at your library.

The first movie did a really nice job and it looks like they turned it up a notch on this one.

It really looks awesome!

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:13 pm

Looks great! Man, this summer should be good for movies with this, Indy, Iron Man, Hulk and The Dark Knight.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:21 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I'm a HUGE fan of the comics. Mignola fascinates me with how he bases the stories on real folk tales and legends and brings a lot of cool action and humor to it. The Hellboy stuff is really phenomenal. I recommend it, if they have it at your library.

The first movie did a really nice job and it looks like they turned it up a notch on this one.

It really looks awesome!
It's not at my library. 1/2 the comics my library has were donated by me, and I never read Hellboy. :(

Shady

cheese

Postby Shady » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:50 pm

I have to say that I can't wait for the movie as well. I never read the comics but enjoyed the movie alot. My co worker had just told me there was a sequel a couple days go!

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:25 pm

Haven't seen the trailer but I'm looking forward to it. The first one was great.

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:27 pm

L'Indépendant wrote:It's not at my library. 1/2 the comics my library has were donated by me, and I never read Hellboy. :(
Me neither. It's on my "read at some point soon" list.

I did like the first movie. It makes me get all teary-eyed.

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:53 pm

I've been a fan of the comics since they began.

The first movie was a lot of fun, and I have high hopes for this one.

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:26 am

Keb wrote:Me neither. It's on my "read at some point soon" list.

I did like the first movie. It makes me get all teary-eyed.

They're not amazing high-brow stuff, but really fun pulpy comics. Mignola's art is the real selling point, or so I thought until I read some of the BPRD stuff that he's been doing...

Keb

<( ' . ' )>

Postby Keb » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:50 am

Zero wrote:They're not amazing high-brow stuff, but really fun pulpy comics. Mignola's art is the real selling point, or so I thought until I read some of the BPRD stuff that he's been doing...
I almost bought a trade in Austin but settled for some Top Ten instead.

misac

Outhouse Editor

Postby misac » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:43 pm

Zero wrote:They're not amazing high-brow stuff, but really fun pulpy comics. Mignola's art is the real selling point, or so I thought until I read some of the BPRD stuff that he's been doing...

The BPRD stories are great too. The first few trades have different artists so that's really neat.

I'm far behind but I hope to start catching up soon.

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:53 pm

The early stuff is like Jack Kirby reworking Lovecraft in his own way.

The more recent stuff is more Mignola's own voice, and is equally as good, IMO.

leave a comment with facebook