Advertisement

Any way to keep pics from being shown?

Having a problem accessing the Outhouse? Drop a line and let us know.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 152 posts

Any way to keep pics from being shown?

Postby MrBlack » Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:09 am

Just curious to see if there is a way to keep images in threads from showing, and possibly keeping avatars from showing. They're cracking down on us at work, and some things shown here, particularly in the 20+ thread, may cross that line (it's a pretty strict policy).

Advertisement

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1153 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:37 pm

If you use firefox, you can block images from the outhouse, photobucket, and imageshack and that would kill 90% of them. I'll look into a better way.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:32 am

Jude Terror wrote:If you use firefox, you can block images from the outhouse, photobucket, and imageshack and that would kill 90% of them. I'll look into a better way.

I've got Firefox at work, but we can't download extensions to it, so Adblock is out. I know I've seen other forums that give you the option of not displaying images in posts (I want to say that the old Newsarama forum had it, but I'm not sure), but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to do something like that.

Thanks Jude.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:33 am

Jude Terror wrote:If you use firefox, you can block images from the outhouse, photobucket, and imageshack and that would kill 90% of them. I'll look into a better way.

I've got Firefox at work, but we can't download extensions to it, so Adblock is out. I know I've seen other forums that give you the option of not displaying images in posts (I want to say that the old Newsarama forum had it, but I'm not sure), but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to do something like that.

Thanks Jude.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:33 am

Double post because the forum is being a little weird this morning.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1153 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:45 am

MrBlack wrote:I've got Firefox at work, but we can't download extensions to it, so Adblock is out. I know I've seen other forums that give you the option of not displaying images in posts (I want to say that the old Newsarama forum had it, but I'm not sure), but I wasn't sure how hard it would be to do something like that.

Thanks Jude.

I think I could definitely do something like that, but I don't think there are any pre-written instructions, so I have to code it myself. Try to be on your guard for NSFW images and I'll see if I can get it done by this weekend.
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:52 am

Jude Terror wrote:I think I could definitely do something like that, but I don't think there are any pre-written instructions, so I have to code it myself. Try to be on your guard for NSFW images and I'll see if I can get it done by this weekend.

I appreciate it, but don't kill yourself to get anything done.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to Bugs and Fixes