Advertisement

Review Group Week 179 - BLACKEST NIGHT #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26553
Likes: 44 posts
Liked in: 23 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:44 am

Punchy wrote:They aren't on Diamond's list.

Diamond's list is quite often full of fail. So is Marvel's. I believe my Invoice and it is only 85% accurate.

Advertisement

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:47 am

:shock: Captain Britain is going to be cancelled?!?!?!?! :(
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26553
Likes: 44 posts
Liked in: 23 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:49 am

starlord wrote::shock: Captain Britain is going to be cancelled?!?!?!?! :(

going????
that ship done sailed.

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:02 am

thefourthman wrote:going????
that ship done sailed.


oh SON OF A BITCH!!!

WWWHHHYYY???????????????????? :x
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26553
Likes: 44 posts
Liked in: 23 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:03 am

starlord wrote:oh SON OF A BITCH!!!

WWWHHHYYY???????????????????? :x

sales??

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:04 am

thefourthman wrote:sales??


I don't think it had anything to do with sales, MI:13's cancellation was a direct result of god hating the british.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34381
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 47 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:06 am

amlah6 wrote:I don't think it had anything to do with sales, MI:13's cancellation was a direct result of god hating the british.


The British hate God, so we had it coming.

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11227
Likes: 21 posts
Liked in: 56 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 am

Timberoo wrote:Mother fucking 10 - loved it, can't wait to read it again tonight. I think this is going to be the best 'event' in years, especially if they don't reverse the deaths.

and I got my ring :D

Agreed. I'll post a review later on, but I will say that Johns doesn't screw around in the opening act. Big death, but one that could potentially be changed down the road.

Excellent issue.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20002
Likes: 150 posts
Liked in: 247 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Postby Amoebas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:22 am

Blackest Night #1

INCREDIBLE book (especially the final eight pages).

This issue is really not much besides set-up, but the stuff that's not is frickin great.

As usual Johns take on the numerous characters all ring true and the story is mixed well for both the seasoned reader and the newbie imo.

Art is fantastic. Ivan is top notch.

The ending tho, while it's easy to assume how they'll get out of it, is still a huge shock to me an hour after I read it.

And I got my ring.

A solid A

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:24 am

Amoebas wrote:Blackest Night #1

INCREDIBLE book (especially the final eight pages).

This issue is really not much besides set-up, but the stuff that's not is frickin great.

As usual Johns take on the numerous characters all ring true and the story is mixed well for both the seasoned reader and the newbie imo.

Art is fantastic. Ivan is top notch.

The ending tho, while it's easy to assume how they'll get out of it, is still a huge shock to me an hour after I read it.

And I got my ring.

A solid A


Any chance of a 1-10 score? Thanks. 8)

48THRiLLS
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3223
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:40 pm
Location: Stumptown
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool


Postby 48THRiLLS » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:30 am

So I am studying as we speak, reading as many things as I can about the Green Lantern, the corps, blackest night, blah blah blah... I wanna see what all of the hulabaloo is all about.

Mr_Batman
User avatar
Review Grouper
 
Posts: 3647
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:15 pm


Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am

I'm so freakin' excited for this right now

******
 
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 59 posts


Postby ****** » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:44 am

House of J wrote:What does Sire 2.0's name-in-pink mean?


He supports the fight against breast cancer.

Amoebas
User avatar
Son of Stein
 
Posts: 20002
Likes: 150 posts
Liked in: 247 posts
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:27 pm
Location: Auburn, MA
Title: Amorphous Anomoly


Postby Amoebas » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:58 am

amlah6 wrote:Any chance of a 1-10 score? Thanks. 8)
Do all non-review group persons have to comply with your silly clique scoring matrix or just me?

Fine. Be that way.

10.


PS :-D

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26553
Likes: 44 posts
Liked in: 23 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:01 pm

Amoebas wrote:Do all non-review group persons have to comply with your silly clique scoring matrix or just me?

Fine. Be that way.

10.


PS :-D

if you want to play along, you got to follow the rules. It's like playing Jeopardy at home, if you phrase your answer incorrectly, you fail!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 76 guests

Advertisement
cron