Advertisement

Review Group Week 179 - BLACKEST NIGHT #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 177 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:51 pm

amlah6 wrote:Anyone want to try and sell me on what to pick for next week? I've just read a bunch of previews and so far nothing really has stood out. Here's what I'm thinking about...

Immortal Weapons #1 - It's going to be an awesome book, but I just picked IIF my pick before last so it feels kind of soonish to do it again.

Lenore Vol. 2 #1 - I love Roman Dirge, but A) most of you would probably hate it and B) you probably couldn't find it anyway

Last Resort #1 - Nice art and the concept is funny, but the preview was kind of weak.

Nova #27 - I'm leaning towards Nova at the moment mainly because I hate fourthman.

Jack of Fables #36 - It's a stand alone issue and has Tony Akins art, but it's a guest writer which makes me nervous that it may not be representative. Plus I think I just hit a vague spoilery thing on the Vertigo blog that I would rather have not seen about the Fables crossover since I'm waiting for the trade.

Dethklok vs. The Goon #1 - I like the preview, but I've never seen the Comedy Central show that this ties into.

Emily the Strange: The 13th Hour #1 - I've always wanted to check this out, but the preview was kind of sparse.

Citizen Rex #1 - The solicitation sounds cool and it's the Hernandez Brothers who I haven't read much by, but would like to.

Youngblood #9 - I would love to pick this as I think it would be a lot of fun to review, but I also think a lot of people would just skip it on principal.

X-Force #17 - People seem to like the book and the preview has Domino...

G.I. Joe #7 - It took a little while for it to get going, but I like this series a lot and this is the first issue of a new arc. Definitely in my top 3 of potentials.

Incredible Hercules #131 - Solicit sounds okay, but I can't find a preview.

hmmm out of all of those Goon Vs Dethklok sounds awesome as well as Last resort. And Metalcalpsye is on Cartoon Network. Maybe Jack of Fables. I will tell you though the Great Fables Crossover was a huge disappointment. It had some great moments but as an event as a whole it was very meh.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 14 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:57 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:hmmm out of all of those Goon Vs Dethklok sounds awesome as well as Last resort. And Metalcalpsye is on Cartoon Network. Maybe Jack of Fables. I will tell you though the Great Fables Crossover was a huge disappointment. It had some great moments but as an event as a whole it was very meh.

I fucking loved the crossover, you are crazy. The new issue of Fables on the other hand was weird.

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 50 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:57 pm

amlah6 wrote:
Dethklok vs. The Goon #1 - I like the preview, but I've never seen the Comedy Central show that this ties into.

god you suck. Adult swim not comedy central.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:58 pm

thefourthman wrote:I fucking loved the crossover, you are crazy. The new issue of Fables on the other hand was weird.

But in the end [spoiler]nothing changed.[/spoiler] Otherwise it was a great story but that really bothered me.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

- Les Paul

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:59 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:hmmm out of all of those Goon Vs Dethklok sounds awesome as well as Last resort. And Metalcalpsye is on Cartoon Network. Maybe Jack of Fables. I will tell you though the Great Fables Crossover was a huge disappointment. It had some great moments but as an event as a whole it was very meh.

Comedy Central... Cartoon Network... same difference, I've never seen the show.

There is a fair amount of negative buzz about the Great Fables Crossover out there, but that just sets up low expectations for those of us that are trade waiting thus making us more likely to enjoy it. :P

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:01 pm

thefourthman wrote:Last resort would be awesome but it came out this week.

I does indeed appear to have been trapped in the Midtown time-warp. That makes us one step closer to reading Nova. :twisted:
Last edited by ****** on Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:01 pm

doombug wrote:god you suck. Adult swim not comedy central.

It'll be ok. There is a long intro but it's gold after that.
[youtube=425,344,j5_BXQHb4fI][/youtube]

- Les Paul

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:02 pm

doombug wrote:god you suck. Adult swim not comedy central.

Go listen to MCR you fucking cutter.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:11 pm

[youtube=425,344,8c_VMzklnXs][/youtube]

I love Murderface.

- Les Paul

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:14 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:But in the end [spoiler]nothing changed.[/spoiler] Otherwise it was a great story but that really bothered me.

everything changed... you are insane. You'll see. Willingham isn't Bendis, he isn't going to forget about all the character moments that happened. This will have real consequences to the characters and already has, [spoiler]the Fallacy is powerless now. He has a whole other world to play with. And some of the rules have to change with Kevin out of the way.[/spoiler].

IN fact that may be why the new issue read so weird. I may have to give it another read too, fucking preschoolers/gradeschoolers. I am glad tonight is the last night of that. I am tired and extra irritable.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:16 pm

amlah6 wrote:Comedy Central... Cartoon Network... same difference, I've never seen the show.

There is a fair amount of negative buzz about the Great Fables Crossover out there, but that just sets up low expectations for those of us that are trade waiting thus making us more likely to enjoy it. :P

there was negative buzz about the Good PRince as well and that shit was awesome. The only thing that ever disappointed me about fables was how quick the war happened.

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:20 pm

amlah6 wrote:Go listen to MCR you fucking cutter.

Don't steal yoni's shtick! Even though yoni and I seem to be on the same page a lot lately.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:21 pm

thefourthman wrote:there was negative buzz about the Good PRince as well and that shit was awesome. The only thing that ever disappointed me about fables was how quick the war happened.

The Good Prince went on way too long. I feel like the main book has been slow since. The crossover sped things up and I can't wait to see what's coming with Mr. Black. And what rules? What rules did Kevin put out there?

- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:22 pm

doombug wrote:Don't steal yoni's shtick! Even though yoni and I seem to be on the same page a lot lately.

I fucked your sister,mom,dad, grandpa's pipe.

- Les Paul

doombug
Staff Writer

Postby doombug » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:25 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I fucked your sister,mom,dad, grandpa's pipe.

and now the balance is restored.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand