Advertisement

Mice Templar: Destiny #1 out this Wednesday (with preview)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Mice Templar: Destiny #1 out this Wednesday (with preview)

Postby ****** » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:03 pm

I read the first volume of this back in December or January and just absolutely loved it. One of the best fantasy stories in comics ever. Wonderfully developed characters with beautiful art.

The series' second volume starts this week and I think everyone should do themselves a favor and check it out. It's also the Review Group pick so if you're awesome, you'll post a review. :wink:

THE MICE TEMPLAR: DESTINY #1

story MICHAEL AVON OEMING & BRYAN JL GLASS, art VICTOR SANTOS & MICHAEL AVON OEMING , cover MICHAEL AVON OEMING, variant cover VICTOR SANTOS & VERONICA GANDINI

32 PAGES, FC, $3.99

The second chapter in the saga of the Mice Templar begins here!
The Templar have fallen, leaving the natural world in the grip of tyrants and ever-increasing chaos. The promise of restoration for the Templar and the salvation of all creatures now lies in the paws of the newly-knighted Karic. But as sinister powers seek to thwart him, others are desperate to use his mission for personal agendas. Now Karic is anxious to complete his training so that he might rescue his family from slavery. But his new master is Cassius, a bitter Templar exile who does not believe in Karic's destiny. Their journey takes them to the legendary Haunted Wood, a dead forest inhabited by Diabhlan, ancient evil spirits hungry to feed off of living souls.

32 PAGES – NO ADS!

Advertisement

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: AKA The Hidden Hands of Horror

Postby Greg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:08 pm

Yep, I CANNOT wait! The first series was great and I picked up the hardcover and got it signed with a nice sketch from the writer even though I own all the singles also. I can't wait to see the rest of Karic's journey, especially now being trained by Cassius. Amlah, did you buy the #0 issue of this which bridges to Destiny? Cassius is not someone to mess with! :shock:
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

CountD: Greg, thank you for your insights.
Benderbrau: Greg: Unwrapping the riddles of the black man since 2006

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Greg: I'd do many things. Coke is not one of them.
Benderbrau: Greg hates all things white.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Postby ****** » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:17 pm

Greg wrote:Yep, I CANNOT wait! The first series was great and I picked up the hardcover and got it signed with a nice sketch from the writer even though I own all the singles also. I can't wait to see the rest of Karic's journey, especially now being trained by Cassius. Amlah, did you buy the #0 issue of this which bridges to Destiny? Cassius is not someone to mess with! :shock:

I plan on getting the hardcover so I skipped it assuming the zero issue will be in there, but I'll be picking up this issue for the Review Group.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:23 pm

I'm checking it out for the RG.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Damn, there never ever seems to be anyone else around here who reads Image floppies unless it's Invincible. It's always trades. :(
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

Starlord: I swear if you were gay and I wasn't married we'd make the perfect fuck buddies.

Benderbrau: Emma, you could learn a thing or two from Greg. Greg does threesomes. That's bi done right.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:33 pm

Greg wrote:Damn, there never ever seems to be anyone else around here who reads Image floppies unless it's Invincible. It's always trades. :(

I read: Wolf-Man, Firebreather (when it comes out), Godland, Fell (when it comes out), Casanova (when it comes out), Phonogram, and War Heroes (when it comes out).

I think there may be a reason why so few people read image floppies, look in the brackets!

Postby ****** » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:35 pm

Greg wrote:Damn, there never ever seems to be anyone else around here who reads Image floppies unless it's Invincible. It's always trades. :(

I read almost everything in trades and the ongoing series that I am still reading in singles all seem to be getting canceled or are ending so it's not an Image thing.

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:43 pm

amlah6 wrote:I read almost everything in trades and the ongoing series that I am still reading in singles all seem to be getting canceled or are ending so it's not an Image thing.

I'm talking about folks here in general. Not just you.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

Greg
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Greg » Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:47 pm

Punchy wrote:I read: Wolf-Man, Firebreather (when it comes out), Godland, Fell (when it comes out), Casanova (when it comes out), Phonogram, and War Heroes (when it comes out).

I think there may be a reason why so few people read image floppies, look in the brackets!

Spawn's always on time, Savage Dragon has had about 15 issues released in a year, Invicible is back on track monthly, so is Walking Dead, Jersey Gods has been out on time, so has Olympus, Dynamo 5 has been late only a few times, Noble Causes I recall when I was reading came out on time, Darkness and Witchblade comes out regularly, Elephantmen, Proof has only been late due to a printing problem.

And the reason why most creator-owned books are late are due to no one buying the floppies and they need to make money else where since them doing creator-owned is practically them working for nothing.
*Sig by Cat-Scratch!

Postby ****** » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:45 am

Monday morning bump.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 123 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:54 pm

I'm a Mouseguard man, dammit. Do I really have room in my heart for two comic books about medieval mice?

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:57 pm

House of J wrote:I'm a Mouseguard man, dammit. Do I really have room in my heart for two comic books about medieval mice?

this is better than Mooseguard

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 258 posts

Postby misac » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm so glad it's monthly now.

Postby ****** » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:41 pm

House of J wrote:I'm a Mouseguard man, dammit. Do I really have room in my heart for two comic books about medieval mice?

I didn't think I had room for 1 let alone 2, but I love both.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:02 pm

Greg wrote:Spawn's always on time, Savage Dragon has had about 15 issues released in a year, Invicible is back on track monthly, so is Walking Dead, Jersey Gods has been out on time, so has Olympus, Dynamo 5 has been late only a few times, Noble Causes I recall when I was reading came out on time, Darkness and Witchblade comes out regularly, Elephantmen, Proof has only been late due to a printing problem.

And the reason why most creator-owned books are late are due to no one buying the floppies and they need to make money else where since them doing creator-owned is practically them working for nothing.

I loved Dynamo 5 but i can honestly say the delays on that thing killed my interest in the book.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand