Friday, August 26, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Blacklisted since 2012."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I'm thinking of dropping the Bat-books.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Daniel

Great Scott!!!

Postby Daniel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:32 am

nietoperz wrote:I'm not, sadly. I missed the Fables bus, as it were, and I regret it. I want to get the trades, but that'll have to wait for more affluent times.

I thought about House of Mystery, but Madame Xanadu looks more interesting (plus I'm a huge Matt Wagner fan from way back).

If you can catch up on the trades (which I did and the latest story arc is coming out in trade soon-ish), than you MUST read it.

KingPagla

WTF is this rank?

Postby KingPagla » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:42 pm

I just dropped the Bat books myself recently.
I just occasionally get bored with the characters, drop them for a while then pick 'em up again.
The same with Superman - it's usually one or the other. Currently I'm in a Superman state of mind.

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun May 04, 2008 5:50 pm

nietoperz wrote:No, I'm not really a collector any more. I used to be, but most of my books were destroyed in a flood about seven years back.

Nowadays I just want to build up a nice library of good stories for my kids to read.
nieto, have you ever checked out the Showcases? Wonderful chunks of story at a cheap price. Great stories for all ages, mostly. Especially the Silver Age Superman & Batman.

L Independant

25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Sun May 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Zenguru wrote:nieto, have you ever checked out the Showcases? Wonderful chunks of story at a cheap price. Great stories for all ages, mostly. Especially the Silver Age Superman & Batman.
And don't they start from the very beginning?

Zenguru

Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun May 04, 2008 10:29 pm

L'Indépendant wrote:And don't they start from the very beginning?
Pretty much the beginning of the Silver Age. If the characters go back that far. No Golden Age stuff. I'm assuming that's reserved for the Archives.

nietoperz

The Goddamn Bat-min

Postby nietoperz » Mon May 05, 2008 2:33 am

I really want to get some Showcases. One day, I hope...

Severed Djed

Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Mon May 05, 2008 10:25 am

Zenguru wrote:Pretty much the beginning of the Silver Age. If the characters go back that far. No Golden Age stuff. I'm assuming that's reserved for the Archives.

It used to be, but they now have the Chronicles TPs for Supes and Bats that reprint all the stories in the order they were originally published, starting from the very beginning. In color, unlike the Showcases.

leave a comment with facebook