Advertisement

I'm thinking of dropping the Bat-books.

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Daniel
Great Scott!!!

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daniel » Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:32 am

nietoperz wrote:I'm not, sadly. I missed the Fables bus, as it were, and I regret it. I want to get the trades, but that'll have to wait for more affluent times.

I thought about House of Mystery, but Madame Xanadu looks more interesting (plus I'm a huge Matt Wagner fan from way back).

If you can catch up on the trades (which I did and the latest story arc is coming out in trade soon-ish), than you MUST read it.
starlord wrote::shock: That's the first time paper has ever given me an erection!

Advertisement

KingPagla
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby KingPagla » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:42 pm

I just dropped the Bat books myself recently.
I just occasionally get bored with the characters, drop them for a while then pick 'em up again.
The same with Superman - it's usually one or the other. Currently I'm in a Superman state of mind.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun May 04, 2008 5:50 pm

nietoperz wrote:No, I'm not really a collector any more. I used to be, but most of my books were destroyed in a flood about seven years back.

Nowadays I just want to build up a nice library of good stories for my kids to read.
nieto, have you ever checked out the Showcases? Wonderful chunks of story at a cheap price. Great stories for all ages, mostly. Especially the Silver Age Superman & Batman.

L Independant
25 To Life

Postby L Independant » Sun May 04, 2008 7:12 pm

Zenguru wrote:nieto, have you ever checked out the Showcases? Wonderful chunks of story at a cheap price. Great stories for all ages, mostly. Especially the Silver Age Superman & Batman.
And don't they start from the very beginning?

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Postby Zenguru » Sun May 04, 2008 10:29 pm

L'Indépendant wrote:And don't they start from the very beginning?
Pretty much the beginning of the Silver Age. If the characters go back that far. No Golden Age stuff. I'm assuming that's reserved for the Archives.

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Mon May 05, 2008 2:33 am

I really want to get some Showcases. One day, I hope...

Severed Djed
Bastard #1

Postby Severed Djed » Mon May 05, 2008 10:25 am

Zenguru wrote:Pretty much the beginning of the Silver Age. If the characters go back that far. No Golden Age stuff. I'm assuming that's reserved for the Archives.

It used to be, but they now have the Chronicles TPs for Supes and Bats that reprint all the stories in the order they were originally published, starting from the very beginning. In color, unlike the Showcases.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand