Advertisement

Lords of the Rings Online

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:19 am

misac wrote:I went throgh that when I got Age of Empires. I've never played an MMO for that reason.

Every time I play a Final Fantasy my social life dries right up. Ditto a new Civilization game.

I would like to play LOTRO, but my PC can't run it, and if I do get a new one it'll have to be a lappy for traveling. Doubt I could afford a high end one of dems.

Advertisement

misac
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 159 posts

Postby misac » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:51 pm

Started Oblivion and it already took up my weekend. Great RPG.

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 pm

Started playing LOTRO last night. I have a level 6 Hobbit Minstrel. Neat game. It is very superior to WoW. More quest driven, no excessive grinding/raiding. Each new patch, which are released more frequently than WoW, adds elements to the game that everyone can enjoy. They just added a fishing hobby profession and a new ice area.

kingbobb
Great Scott!!!

Postby kingbobb » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:05 am

We bought two copies of LOTRO after Thanksgiving for $10 each. But we don't have time to play, and we really only have one PC that could run it anyway.

We both miss playing MMOs, and we're both very fond of them seeing as how we met through them. Like anything that's overly fun and easy to do, there's an addiction risk with them that anyone playing needs to be aware of. You just have to be careful about setting time limits when you play.

I don't see them as killing your social life...they just replace it with something else. MMOs can be as social as any other social activity, just without the actual physical presence. But generally, nice people are still nice, jerks are still jerks.

I don't know when we'll start getting time for them again...certainly not until Neva starts going to bed at a regular time, and sleeping on her own and for longer periods. Xavy started that around 15 months or so, and Neva's almost 14 months old now. She's started showing signs that she's going to be sleeping better, but she's not quite there yet. Then there's the 1 PC problem, but we'll deal with that when we come to it.

Thunderstorm
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts
Title: Whitest Poster 2010!!

Postby Thunderstorm » Fri May 02, 2008 11:43 am

Jess plays this game and loves it.

Alex Delarge
Post Whore

Postby Alex Delarge » Tue May 06, 2008 7:15 am

Swamped with quests, for every 3 we knock down 5 more take their place. I got like 10+ pies to deliver from various towns and some postman deliveries to finish, thank goodness only three.

We are both level 12 now. I am a Historian and he is a Armorer. Those are vocations which have 3 tradeskills in them. As an Historian I am also a Farmer, Weaponsmith, and Scholar. I cannot mine my own ore, but my Armorer friend can. I supply him with weapons in return. As a Farmer I can make all sorts of things including stuff I can smoke called pipeweed. Nothing like relaxing smoking some pipeweed and jammin on my Lute to kill the time.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Tue May 06, 2008 12:34 pm

A couple of my co-workers are trying to convince me to play Warcraft with them. I'd like to, but right now, economically, it isn't the best idea for me.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum