Saturday, April 30, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "The Outhousers of Earth Ugh"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week 181 - MICE TEMPLAR: DESTINY #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:14 pm

amlah6 wrote:Um, that's what I just said.

I never would have thought Osborne's appearance in Wizard of Oz could have worked, but Skottie Young's genius pulled it off.

He showed up in Wizard of freakin' Oz?!

******

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:18 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:He showed up in Wizard of freakin' Oz?!


He was the Wizard.

For reals.





























Not really for reals.
User avatar

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:20 pm

amlah6 wrote:He was the Wizard.

For reals.





























Not really for reals.

So he wasn't the Wizard?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:24 pm

So is Obama president in the Marvel U?

******

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:32 pm

House of J wrote:So is Obama president in the Marvel U?


Depends on how desperate the series is for sales.

Pet Avengers? Yes.

New Avengers? No.

******

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:33 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:So he wasn't the Wizard?


I lied, you caught me. :oops:

Norman Osborne was the Wizard.
User avatar

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:38 pm

amlah6 wrote:I lied, you caught me. :oops:

Norman Osborne was the Wizard.

But isn't right now?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:43 am

Apart from Ultimatum, X-Men Forever and Wolverine Origins, every Marvel book is at least acceptable.

Including the ones with Norman in them! Especially the ones with Norman in them!
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:56 am

amlah6 wrote:Depends on how desperate the series is for sales.

Pet Avengers? Yes.

New Avengers? No.


Who is the President in New Avengers? I want to know who to be comic book-outraged at for this Norman crap.

I was hoping you'd say comic book-Obama 'cause I've had it up to here with that guy.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:06 am

House of J wrote:Who is the President in New Avengers? I want to know who to be comic book-outraged at for this Norman crap.

I was hoping you'd say comic book-Obama 'cause I've had it up to here with that guy.


I wouldn't know if he's actually been in NA or not, but Bendis said in the Bendis Tapes that if he were to use a president in one of his books it would be a generic president for longevity's sake.

I'm pretty sure that in some book somewhere, Obama appointed Osborne to his current position. Thunderbolts, maybe?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:09 am

amlah6 wrote:I wouldn't know if he's actually been in NA or not, but Bendis said in the Bendis Tapes that if he were to use a president in one of his books it would be a generic president for longevity's sake.

I'm pretty sure that in some book somewhere, Obama appointed Osborne to his current position. Thunderbolts, maybe?


Thunderbolts said it was Bush who appointed Osborn.

But what does this have to do with Mice Templar?

And The President hasn't been in the Avengers books, apart from when he phoned Osborn in #6 of Dark Avengers.

******

Postby ****** » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am

Punchy wrote:Thunderbolts said it was Bush who appointed Osborn.


Would have done it IRL if he could've, IMO.

But what does this have to do with Mice Templar?


:smt102

Ask HoJ, he started it.

And The President hasn't been in the Avengers books, apart from when he phoned Osborn in #6 of Dark Avengers.


But did it actually say it was Obama?
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:13 am

Punchy wrote:Thunderbolts said it was Bush who appointed Osborn.

But what does this have to do with Mice Templar?

And The President hasn't been in the Avengers books, apart from when he phoned Osborn in #6 of Dark Avengers.



We are just killing time here until everyone else checks in and says they couldn't find a copy.

I am trying to figure out what to say about the beginning of part 2 not having read part 1.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:14 am

amlah6 wrote:But did it actually say it was Obama?


Nope, just 'The President' and then Norman called him an idiot.
User avatar

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:15 am

Ask HoJ, he started it.


Incorrect. This all grew out of a comment by Shiro but mainly by a crazy assertion by Punchy. Know your history!

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Kravis and 52 guests