Advertisement

Review Group Week 180 - IMMORTAL WEAPONS #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:52 am

I have the Mice Templar thread ready to post, but I keep getting an error. I'll try to post it again in a little while.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:54 am

amlah6 wrote:I have the Mice Templar thread ready to post, but I keep getting an error. I'll try to post it again in a little while.

I turned in my review last night, but my bastard editors have not posted it yet. As soon as you post the thread, I have the pimp blog post ready to go.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 70 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:34 am

thefourthman wrote:I liked this book a lot. I liked the epic scope of Cobra's story and the Heroes for Hire feel of the back up. Lark's art was amazing in his bit and the Suayan stuff was nice too. Foreman sucks almost as bad as Stroman and should be left in a closet with no clothes and Yoni as his only companion.

Story 8
Art 8
Overall 8

If I remember I will ink the real review when it goes live.

So the review is live...
Aaron has showed himself as one of the rising stars in the medium. He has already once shown readers that he can handle the tongue-in-cheek humor and over-the-top action of the best chop-socky films. That book was called Wolverine: Manifest Destiny, even though it felt more like Sons of the Dragons. All of those skills in the genre are on display here.

To add insult to injury for lesser writers, the scribe adds enough emotional depth to the character to make an overweight and egotistical guy into a sympathetic character. His story is haunting and tragic. There is a sense of loss at the end that is inescapable. Certainly, with the majority of his career ahead of him, Aaron will be considered one of the greats of his field.

Read the rest here... http://brokenfrontier.com/reviews/p/det ... -weapons-1

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand