Advertisement

Review Group Week 181 - MICE TEMPLAR: DESTINY #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 76 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:59 pm

I got a copy, so I will review.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:14 pm

MrBlack wrote:Read the first trade last night. I really enjoyed the story, despite the fact that my copy had some dialogue cut off on a couple of pages (the images were seemingly printed too big, and a couple of lines at the edges of the page were cut off).

I'll write a full review this weekend, primarily because I'd like to read the whole thing again. 8) Suffice it to say it will get a very good review.


If you really liked Volume 1 but couldn't find Destiny #1 at your LCS, I'd send you mine for the cost of shipping ($3 for postage and supplies).

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26828
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 84 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:19 pm

MrBlack wrote:Read the first trade last night. I really enjoyed the story, despite the fact that my copy had some dialogue cut off on a couple of pages (the images were seemingly printed too big, and a couple of lines at the edges of the page were cut off).

I'll write a full review this weekend, primarily because I'd like to read the whole thing again. 8) Suffice it to say it will get a very good review.

hey can you give me page numbers or vivid descriptions of the pages in question, I wonder if it is a problem with the tpb in general, like maybe they forgot to resize from the hard cover. My HC was perfect except for the giant spread at rat city being glued to the page before it. Good thing it is something I plan on holding on to.

McKegan
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ


Postby McKegan » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:38 pm

thefourthman wrote:that sucks, how far to one. You want to hook up a deal where I ship you the ones that you don't preorder and can't obtain?


Closest would be Phoenix which is about 2 to 3 hours away. So, yeah, I really don't know how I'll contribute if it isn't an item I've preordered.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26828
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 84 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:42 pm

McKegan wrote:Closest would be Phoenix which is about 2 to 3 hours away. So, yeah, I really don't know how I'll contribute if it isn't an item I've preordered.

I'd be happy to ship them to you, pm me if you are interested... we can work out terms, I am pretty sure you will be happy with.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26828
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 84 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:20 pm

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I FUCKING HATE EBAY. WHY THE FUCK DID THEY CHANGE THE PROCESS FOR ENDING AN ITEM? WHY WASN'T THAT SHIT IN THE FUCKING UPDATE EMAIL? What the hell was wrong with the old way? Why hide it? Jesus. Fuckers. It's not any different once you get to the fucking form, but the hell am I supposed to know the form exists and again WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD WAY?

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 76 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:27 pm

I'm not sure about this one, I was pretty lost, there was obviously a shit ton of backstory I missed because I didn't read the first series, but it was interesting, fairly standard Fantasy.

But man, it was fucking violent. Review to come... whenever.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:49 pm

thefourthman wrote:HOLY FUCKING SHIT. I FUCKING HATE EBAY. WHY THE FUCK DID THEY CHANGE THE PROCESS FOR ENDING AN ITEM? WHY WASN'T THAT SHIT IN THE FUCKING UPDATE EMAIL? What the hell was wrong with the old way? Why hide it? Jesus. Fuckers. It's not any different once you get to the fucking form, but the hell am I supposed to know the form exists and again WHAT THE HELL WAS WRONG WITH THE OLD WAY?


That's been happening for a while. It has to do with the new item listing page or whatever they call it. It might be you weren't dumped into that early like so many people were. If you can still opt out and revert to the old page you could still do it the old way, but I can't remember for sure I think the new page is mandatory now?

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26828
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 84 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:52 pm

House of J wrote:That's been happening for a while. It has to do with the new item listing page or whatever they call it. It might be you weren't dumped into that early like so many people were. If you can still opt out and revert to the old page you could still do it the old way, but I can't remember for sure I think the new page is mandatory now?

Yes and no, for a while, it was not on the new listing page, you had to hit the old page to do it. Then they added it to the new page, about two weeks ago. Now it is not on either page... you have to go to the end listing form page.


P.S. and you can still revert to the old page, but half the options are gone so that it is basically the same as the new page. Stupid stupid fucking shit. I was about ready to bid on a fucking item just to make it go away.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:00 pm

thefourthman wrote:Yes and no, for a while, it was not on the new listing page, you had to hit the old page to do it. Then they added it to the new page, about two weeks ago. Now it is not on either page... you have to go to the end listing form page.


P.S. and you can still revert to the old page, but half the options are gone so that it is basically the same as the new page. Stupid stupid fucking shit. I was about ready to bid on a fucking item just to make it go away.


Right, they keep fiddling with it after leaving it off the first time. People keep complaining about it, check Seller Central, Griff addressed the mess not long ago. Seems like they are trying to hide it or something.

Yeah, I hadn't needed to revert in a while, I see they fucked that up as well. Not long ago you could still use that.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26828
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 84 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:04 pm

House of J wrote:Right, they keep fiddling with it after leaving it off the first time. People keep complaining about it, check Seller Central, Griff addressed the mess not long ago. Seems like they are trying to hide it or something.

Yeah, I hadn't needed to revert in a while, I see they fucked that up as well. Not long ago you could still use that.

If I ever meet any of the fuckers who run ebay, paypal or the post office (and don't even get me started on UPS) they are getting a swift kick to the nuts with steel toed boots with a goddamned spear coming out of it.

Starlord
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 35133
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:03 pm
Location: Michigan


Postby Starlord » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:48 pm

I have to reread mine. I was dozing on and off when I read it the other night so I want to read it a second time. It wasn't the book though, it was me being old. :oops:
Image

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

MrBlack
User avatar
WTF is this rank?
 
Posts: 11301
Likes: 28 posts
Liked in: 99 posts
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:03 am


Postby MrBlack » Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:31 pm

House of J wrote:If you really liked Volume 1 but couldn't find Destiny #1 at your LCS, I'd send you mine for the cost of shipping ($3 for postage and supplies).

I think I'll take you up on that. PM me the details.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:26 am

MrBlack wrote:I think I'll take you up on that. PM me the details.


Cool. I'll send you a PM later this afternoon when I get back from hunting.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26828
Likes: 170 posts
Liked in: 84 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:57 pm

Hey HOJ,
Since you seem to check out the ebay forums, did ebay ever say why they were not allowing us to accept checks and money orders anymore?
I remember their official statement, which was stupid, because anyone who runs a business knows that you wait for money orders and checks to clear before you freaking ship items, but maybe that's not true. Maybe business people don't have common sense.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot] and 46 guests

Advertisement