Sunday, June 26, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "Ban Herald ASAP!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 181 - MICE TEMPLAR: DESTINY #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:47 pm

I got an email from Bryan J.L. Glass this afternoon that I am going to just share with you guys...

Hey Lee,

When you get a chance, please extend the thanks of the entire MICE TEMPLAR: DESTINY team for all of the great words you guys gave regarding our re-launch! Some liked, some didn't, but everybody provided fascinating insights.

We appreciated the effort of every member who read our work and took the time to comment!

Thanks again!
And issue #2 is NEXT WEEK!
-Bryan :)

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:53 pm

That's cool of Glass.

I will probably check out the first trade eventually.

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:It's actually a hybrid and at $4.99 for 52 pages with NO ADS, it is hardly overpriced. I was surprised at how much I actually enjoyed it, there is a preview at cbr.

I think that guy would have been better off to do that under a different name or at least not publicize himself as Gene Simmons' son. The preview looks cool and it's getting good reviews, but I dismissed this before I finished the first sentence of the solicitation...

From Nick Simmons, son of rock legend Gene Simmons

lame lame lame

If it's really any good, let the work speak for itself.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:04 pm

amlah6 wrote:lame lame lame

If it's really any good, let the work speak for itself.

Plus I bet Gene Simmons son wouldn't send Lee a thank you email.

Looks like Bryan Glass is a special guest at Mid Ohio Con later this year:

Special Guest: Bryan J. L. Glass
Mid-Ohio-Con special guest Bryan J. L. Glass is the co-creator and writer of the acclaimed comic series The Mice Templar with fan-favorite artist Michael Avon Oeming. He is also the writer of the upcoming Marvel adaptation of Raymond E. Feist's fantasy epic Magician: Riftwar, which picks up directly where his work on Magician: Apprentice left off. Bryan’s first The Mice Templar short story was published in 2003 in the More Fund Comics charity book, and then again in 2005 with Quixote: A Novel and 86 Voltz: The Dead Girl. The Mice Templar is currently in development at Cartoon Network, with Bryan serving as producer. Quixote is also under consideration by competing production companies. Bryan is also developing a new sci-fi horror series with artist Robert Hack. Visit hiddenrobot.com for more about Bryan and his amazing body of work.

My business partner is a big fan of the Magician series, so I'll be picking those up for him when they come out. I hope he does the whole Riftwar run.

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:01 pm

How many reviews have I done.

I won't be able to go to my LCS until the 19th, so I'll make up the review I'll definitely miss

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:50 pm

Punchy wrote:That's cool of Glass.

I will probably check out the first trade eventually.

The first trade is awfully good. I'm looking forward to reading Destiny.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:56 pm

MrBlack wrote:The first trade is awfully good. I'm looking forward to reading Destiny.

I sent that off to you today.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:14 pm

Wait, Riftwar is the same as Magician Apprentice? Dammit. Another book to read. At least I'll trade wait it.

Postby ****** » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:12 am

Mr_Batman wrote:How many reviews have I done.

I won't be able to go to my LCS until the 19th, so I'll make up the review I'll definitely miss

Coolio. Thanks for the heads up.

Mr_Batman

Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:18 am

amlah6 wrote:Coolio. Thanks for the heads up.

22? I'm almost at a milestone!

Really, I'll only miss this week, and next week, so it's all good

leave a comment with facebook