Advertisement

I Love Blok

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 647 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I always liked Blok because, well, this may be cornball, but he was a gentle soul type of character. His romance with Mysa was rather sweet and I liked where it was going until they did what they did to both of them.

All true but there's more to it than that (imo)...

Blok joined the Legion in LSH #272
Levitz returned to writing the book in LSH #282
I started reading the Legion with LSH #284

When Levitz took over he knew he had a huge universe to play with but also the responisbility to keep track of it.

Almost from the start, he had Blok seated in the archives room viewing Legion history. This lead to Blok being keenly aware of many things that the others either took for granted or just never thought of (like when Blok was the first to figure out that the rogue Green Lantern was a young Universo).

Blok was learning about the Legion the same time I was. This made him a kindred spirit and a great link to get me even more involved in Legion mythology.

Advertisement

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 1196 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Amoebas wrote:All true but there's more to it than that (imo)...

Blok joined the Legion in LSH #272
Levitz returned to writing the book in LSH #282
I started reading the Legion with LSH #284

When Levitz took over he knew he had a huge universe to play with but also the responisbility to keep track of it.

Almost from the start, he had Blok seated in the archives room viewing Legion history. This lead to Blok being keenly aware of many things that the others either took for granted or just never thought of (like when Blok was the first to figure out that the rogue Green Lantern was a young Universo).

Blok was learning about the Legion the same time I was. This made him a kindred spirit and a great link to get me even more involved in Legion mythology.

Nice. :-D
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 214 posts
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Amoebas wrote:Because Cat demanded it - the not quite in-continuity Blok Fashion Page...

LSH #313 - Technically this Giffen design comes after the red & blue pajamas.

LSH #51 - Giffen dumps the shoulder pad design and gets Blok back in trunks only.

LSH #52 - Giffen dumps the shorts in favor of more pajamas and the belt pouch fad. Also the genesis of the the shoulder nodules

LSH #56 - Eduardo Barreto takes the nodules to volcanic proportions

LSH #4 - Keith Giffen shows us the 5YG Blok with more mutations and no pants

LSH #4 - Keith Giffen shows us the 5YG with no more life

BTW - Blok's death should not be attributed to Giffen or the Bierbaums. Mark Waid was the editor of those early 5YG issues and he just never liked Blok (or really any post Silver-aged Legionnaire). This is why we don't see Blok, Dawny, Tyroc, Quislet, White Witch in either Waid's two reboots (except in a comic book). If anyone is to take the title "prick" in Blok's death - it's Waid.

White Witch showed up in the Threeboot as a Wanderer.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:21 pm

The Nacireman wrote:White Witch showed up in the Threeboot as a Wanderer.

See the problem with the Threeboot? No one remembers it or cares too. :P
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 647 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:See the problem with the Threeboot? No one remembers it or cares too. :P

There was a "threeboot"?

Oh wait I remember it now :smt078

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:See the problem with the Threeboot? No one remembers it or cares too. :P

The only problem with the threeboot was ..you're just trying to start troublem y'know that!

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 pm

The Nacireman wrote:The only problem with the threeboot was ..you're just trying to start troublem y'know that!

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Image

You behave of I'll sic...HIM after you.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum