Tuesday, September 27, 2016 • Morning Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

I Love Blok

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:38 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:I always liked Blok because, well, this may be cornball, but he was a gentle soul type of character. His romance with Mysa was rather sweet and I liked where it was going until they did what they did to both of them.


All true but there's more to it than that (imo)...

Blok joined the Legion in LSH #272
Levitz returned to writing the book in LSH #282
I started reading the Legion with LSH #284

When Levitz took over he knew he had a huge universe to play with but also the responisbility to keep track of it.

Almost from the start, he had Blok seated in the archives room viewing Legion history. This lead to Blok being keenly aware of many things that the others either took for granted or just never thought of (like when Blok was the first to figure out that the rogue Green Lantern was a young Universo).

Blok was learning about the Legion the same time I was. This made him a kindred spirit and a great link to get me even more involved in Legion mythology.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Amoebas wrote:All true but there's more to it than that (imo)...

Blok joined the Legion in LSH #272
Levitz returned to writing the book in LSH #282
I started reading the Legion with LSH #284

When Levitz took over he knew he had a huge universe to play with but also the responisbility to keep track of it.

Almost from the start, he had Blok seated in the archives room viewing Legion history. This lead to Blok being keenly aware of many things that the others either took for granted or just never thought of (like when Blok was the first to figure out that the rogue Green Lantern was a young Universo).

Blok was learning about the Legion the same time I was. This made him a kindred spirit and a great link to get me even more involved in Legion mythology.


Nice. :-D
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:28 pm

Amoebas wrote:Because Cat demanded it - the not quite in-continuity Blok Fashion Page...

Image

LSH #313 - Technically this Giffen design comes after the red & blue pajamas.

LSH #51 - Giffen dumps the shoulder pad design and gets Blok back in trunks only.

LSH #52 - Giffen dumps the shorts in favor of more pajamas and the belt pouch fad. Also the genesis of the the shoulder nodules

LSH #56 - Eduardo Barreto takes the nodules to volcanic proportions

LSH #4 - Keith Giffen shows us the 5YG Blok with more mutations and no pants

LSH #4 - Keith Giffen shows us the 5YG with no more life

BTW - Blok's death should not be attributed to Giffen or the Bierbaums. Mark Waid was the editor of those early 5YG issues and he just never liked Blok (or really any post Silver-aged Legionnaire). This is why we don't see Blok, Dawny, Tyroc, Quislet, White Witch in either Waid's two reboots (except in a comic book). If anyone is to take the title "prick" in Blok's death - it's Waid.


White Witch showed up in the Threeboot as a Wanderer.

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:21 pm

The Nacireman wrote:White Witch showed up in the Threeboot as a Wanderer.


See the problem with the Threeboot? No one remembers it or cares too. :P
User avatar

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:See the problem with the Threeboot? No one remembers it or cares too. :P

There was a "threeboot"?



Oh wait I remember it now :smt078
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:28 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:See the problem with the Threeboot? No one remembers it or cares too. :P


The only problem with the threeboot was ..you're just trying to start troublem y'know that!

The Old Doctor

Postby The Old Doctor » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:19 pm

The Nacireman wrote:The only problem with the threeboot was ..you're just trying to start troublem y'know that!


Image
User avatar

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:27 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:Image


You behave of I'll sic...HIM after you.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Earth-2 NoctourneM, FaceBook [Linkcheck], Google [Bot], MSNbot Media, Scintillant-H, Supersoldier Washout and 50 guests