Sunday, December 17, 2017 • Midnight Edition • "Cyclops was right."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Brooks and Dunn break up

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:57 am

Brooks & Dunn to 'call it a day' after 20 years
AP, Aug 11, 2009 2:40 am PDT

Brooks & Dunn are done.
Best-selling country duo Kix Brooks and Ronnie Dunn posted a message on their Web site Monday saying they agreed to "call it a day" after 20 years of making music together..

"This ride has been everything and more than we could ever have dreamed ... We owe it all to you, the fans," they said in the message. "If you hear rumors, don't believe them, it's just time.".

Brooks & Dunn will release a greatest-hits album on Sept. 8 and tour one last time in 2010..

The duo's many hits include "Boot Scootin' Boogie," "My Maria," "Red Dirt Road" and "Cowgirls Don't Cry" with Reba McEntire..

The men's label, Arista Nashville, said the group has sold more than 30 million albums..

Brooks, 54, and Dunn, 56, were struggling solo artists when Arista's Tim DuBois urged them to join forces in 1990. Together they've scored 23 No. 1 hits..

They've rTelevision. "They've had every kind of hit. Literally, they've explored every musical texture and tempo and style and flavor.".

CMT is scheduled to tape Brooks & Dunn performing and discussing their music Wednesday for an episode of the show "Invitation Only" to air in October..

Philips called the announcement of the split a complete surprise. He said he has no idea what they might do in the future, but he's certain it will involve music..

"The guys that I know, I can't imagine either of those two individuals walking away from music. That's unthinkable," Philip said..

The pair steeped itself in the mythical West (the duo's emblem is a sun-bleached steer's skull) and rode the charts with a driving honky-tonk sound. Brooks & Dunn took a turn with 2003's "Red Dirt Road" and often pay homage to their classic rock influences, including playing shows with the Rolling Stones and ZZ Top..

Brooks & Dunn won the Country Music Association's vocal duo of the year award every year between 1992 and 2006, except for 2000..

The CMA named the duo entertainer of the year in 1996..

Other country groups have called it quits only to reunite. The mother-daughter duo The Judds split in 1991 but regrouped to tour and record years later.
ecorded 10 studio albums, the latest 2007's "Cowboy Town.".

"They've been to the mountaintop and they've accomplished everything that two human beings joined together musically can do in a career," said Brian Philips, president of Country Music

http://new.music.yahoo.com/brooks-dunn/news/brooks-dunn-to-call-it-a-day-after-20-years--61992594

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:07 am

they were still a group?

Jack Burton

Fagorstorm

Postby Jack Burton » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:08 am

My girlfriend might be upset but not me. I hate most modern country.

AaronW

Rain Partier

Postby AaronW » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 am

Jude is now on suicide watch. :(

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:09 am

I like some of their songs.
They'll reunite in less than 10 years.

outsider

Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:11 am

Aaron_W wrote:Jude is now on suicide watch. :(
Actually, it's very popular to dislike country music.
Wouldn't actually liking it make Jude more metal?

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 am

cncoyle wrote:I like some of their songs.
They'll reunite in less than 10 years.

Wouldn't shock me if they did.

SlamBurger

phrase IV

Postby SlamBurger » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:47 am

I can't name any of their songs but that one dude had the gayest fucking hair and looked like he had about as much plastic surgery as M.J.

UnknownEric

dINGO

Postby UnknownEric » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:34 pm

I was unaware they were still together as well.

Doesn't Brooks host some Country Countdown show?

Apache Chef

Expert Post Whore

Postby Apache Chef » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:35 pm

I bet Dunn's new solo album will be just as good as Hall's (of Hall and Oates).

Wiki-Snake

cheese

Postby Wiki-Snake » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:40 pm

Now they'll both return to the music irrelevancy from which they came.

UnknownEric

dINGO

Postby UnknownEric » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:42 pm

Apache Chef wrote:I bet Dunn's new solo album will be just as good as Hall's (of Hall and Oates).

Hall actually made some decent solo records. "Sacred Songs" with Robert Fripp and the underrated, mildly trippy "Two Hearts in the Happy Ending Machine."

leave a comment with facebook