Advertisement

Review Group Week 182 - DOOM PATROL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:57 am

Shiro wrote:My comics just haven't shown up. I'll post a review whenever they do.

In the mean time, Ultimate Avengers 1 is 1 of 11 comics I'm getting this week, which is a big tally considering I don't read Marvel.

Edit: Make that 12. Fucking Mice Templar.

:D

Advertisement

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:58 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I'm sorry guys. Work has just been so busy and I can't bring my self to read this thing. I will this week and review both books next week.

I am waiting with bated breath.

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:03 pm

Where the new reviews?

Come on, ya bums, write reviews.

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Thu Aug 13, 2009 9:05 pm

Never Mind. Found it.

Old eyes.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:35 pm

Doom Patrol #1

I found this to be a very dull issue. I know almost nothing about the Doom Patrol, besides when they appeared in the TT in the OYL arc, which is pretty sad. (Though I've heard good things about Morrison's run.) So this issue was a big meh from me. I didn't hate it, but I didn't particularly like it. The story was ok to me. It actually bored me a little bit, like I was dozing off. The Metal Men backup was pretty good though. I liked that more than the main story actually.

As for the art, just meh. Like I said, I didn't really see anything special in this issue. I was expecting MUCH MUCH more.

I don't really plan on getting any more of this issue, which seems kind of harsh. But, I just don't see a reason for me to continue to buy it.

Story- 5
Art- 5
Overall- 5

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 103 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: Review Group Week 182 - DOOM PATROL #1

Postby GLX » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:43 pm

Doom Patrol #1

Depressing material and not in a good way. I don't mind reading about fucked up characters, but a little levity or food for thought would be nice; I read this through the first Doom Patrol trade, so I didn't get a chance to read the Metal Men backup. Still, I couldn't see this being worth a purchase, even with the "bwa-ha-ha" crew handling a small portion of the comic.

5* out of 10*

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand