Advertisement

Review Group Week 184 - DAREDEVIL #500

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:21 pm

amlah6 wrote:Promises, promises. :smt011

And where the fuck is King Impulse? :evil:

Kieran texted me earlier (about the weather), so he's not dead, he has no excuse!

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 226 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:22 pm

As an extra special bonus, you can already read my FF review: http://brokenfrontier.com/reviews/p/det ... c-four-570
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:24 pm

I also got a call from an unhappy publisher this morning about one of my other reviews...

Hey Publisher guys.... tip if you aren't marvel or DC and I didn't send you a link, avoid my review... :-D
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Punchy wrote:Kieran texted me earlier (about the weather), so he's not dead, he has no excuse!

Text him back and tell him I want to know where his damn review is! :x

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

thefourthman wrote:I also got a call from an unhappy publisher this morning about one of my other reviews...

Hey Publisher guys.... tip if you aren't marvel or DC and I didn't send you a link, avoid my review... :-D

Who was it?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:28 pm

Punchy wrote:Who was it?

It was my good buddy Chip Mosher at Boom, he used it as an excuse to call me to do some catching up and get some sales info... (the book was 28 Days Later, review at BF, it is an okay review I just commented on how all their mainline books look the same and aren't very spectacular in the art department.)

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:30 pm

thefourthman wrote:I also got a call from an unhappy publisher this morning about one of my other reviews...

Who at Boom! called you? Name names dammit!

edit: nevermind, you did. :P
Last edited by ****** on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:31 pm

amlah6 wrote:Who at Boom! called you? Name names dammit!
I already did, slow poke.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm

thefourthman wrote:It was my good buddy Chip Mosher at Boom, he used it as an excuse to call me to do some catching up and get some sales info... (the book was 28 Days Later, review at BF, it is an okay review I just commented on how all their mainline books look the same and aren't very spectacular in the art department.)

I reviewed 28 Days Later #1 too, I liked it.

Declan Shalvey's art reminded me of Sean Phillips.

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:32 pm

thefourthman wrote:I already did, slow poke.

I had to sift through all that wordy shit at BF to see which review wasn't glowing.

Loved the comment by the guy on the 28DL review that said it wasn't a movie about zombies. :lol:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:33 pm

amlah6 wrote:I had to sift through all that wordy shit at BF to see which review wasn't glowing.

Loved the comment by the guy on the 28DL review that said it wasn't a movie about zombies. :lol:

wait, what?

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:wait, what?

Some dude that commented on your review...

Pezhead Aug 25, 2009 at 12:37pm

Could we please stop calling 28 Days Later a "zombie flick" because it wasn't.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:36 pm

Why can't some asshole do that kind of shit here?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:43 pm

fucked up thing, is I have already spent more time researching it than I want to to give a properly polite retort to the jackass... I guess I will have to check my DVD case when I get home, that sounds like more trouble than it is worth though.

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:47 pm

thefourthman wrote:fucked up thing, is I have already spent more time researching it than I want to to give a properly polite retort to the jackass... I guess I will have to check my DVD case when I get home, that sounds like more trouble than it is worth though.

Dude's a maroon, it's totally a zombie movie.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand