Friday, April 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We're so sorry, DC. Please take us back."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!


Review Group Week 184 - DAREDEVIL #500

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:23 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I still call shananigans. Zombie's might have died from heat exhaustion. The Brain Literally fries.


It won't get that hot in London!
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Punchy wrote:They say that most of The Infected in London have died.

I always assumed that zombies would die again eventually without flesh...

regardless, that is a government report and at the very end of the issue you are supposed to realize that the government is 100% unreliable in this situation, they are trying to suppress information and act like the problem hasn't gotten worse, but it clearly has.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Punchy wrote:It won't get that hot in London!

We don't know what too hot is for zombies. Well we don't, the Canadians might. :lol:
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

thefourthman wrote:I always assumed that zombies would die again eventually without flesh...

regardless, that is a government report and at the very end of the issue you are supposed to realize that the government is 100% unreliable in this situation, they are trying to suppress information and act like the problem hasn't gotten worse, but it clearly has.


They still aren't Zombies!
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Punchy wrote:They still aren't Zombies!

acts like zombie, smells like zombie, looks like zombie.... I call zombie.... FUCK PURISTS...

There are sentient regenerating superpowered zombies in Marvel Zombies and I don't see anyone calling foul.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:acts like zombie, smells like zombie, looks like zombie.... I call zombie.... FUCK PURISTS...


Smells like?
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

didn't one of the recent dawn of the dead movies feature zombies running fast before 28dl????
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Punchy wrote:Smells like?

my theater had smellovision for 28 days later.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:45 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:didn't one of the recent dawn of the dead movies feature zombies running fast before 28dl????

never saw the remake of Dawn of the dead but it is two years after 28dl, and Land of the Dead didn't have anything remotely intelligent or different going on in it and it is a year later, so no. 28dl, fast zombies first... then ZMD.

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Punchy wrote:They aren't the resurrected dead though, so they aren't Zombies.

They serve the exact same purpose, and as I said in my review, the film played a part in bringing back Zombies but to a pedant, they aren't Zombies.


How is someone in a Romero movie getting bit by a zombie and turning any different from 28DL consuming the blood of a zombie and turning?

28DL using a virus as a catalyst is just a modern update of the original zombie concept.

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:22 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:didn't one of the recent dawn of the dead movies feature zombies running fast before 28dl????


Yep.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:24 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yep.

which one???

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:26 pm

thefourthman wrote:never saw the remake of Dawn of the dead but it is two years after 28dl, and Land of the Dead didn't have anything remotely intelligent or different going on in it and it is a year later, so no. 28dl, fast zombies first... then ZMD.


Land of the Dead had the zombies evolved to the point that they were using weapons.

Up until the most recent Romero movie (at least what I remember of it - it was really bad), there had always been some form of evolution occurring with the zombies.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:30 pm

amlah6 wrote:Land of the Dead had the zombies evolved to the point that they were using weapons.

Up until the most recent Romero movie (at least what I remember of it - it was really bad), there had always been some form of evolution occurring with the zombies.

and it came out three years after 28dl.... I was done with Land, that movie made Day of the Dead seem like a masterpiece.

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 pm

thefourthman wrote:which one???


You were right in your post. The Dawn of the Dead remake with the running zombies came out 2 years after 28 Days Later. Zack Snyder directed it, it's not terrible as far as modern horror remakes go.

In calling 28DL a zombie movie, I would also consider something like Stephen King's The Cell a zombie story as well even if it's not using all of the traditional tropes. Both stories are clearly inspired by the Romero films, they just use modern science to update the concept and tell new stories within the zombie sub-genre.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cbikle, Yahoo [Bot] and 110 guests