Advertisement

Review Group Week 184 - DAREDEVIL #500

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:23 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I still call shananigans. Zombie's might have died from heat exhaustion. The Brain Literally fries.

It won't get that hot in London!

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:36 pm

Punchy wrote:They say that most of The Infected in London have died.

I always assumed that zombies would die again eventually without flesh...

regardless, that is a government report and at the very end of the issue you are supposed to realize that the government is 100% unreliable in this situation, they are trying to suppress information and act like the problem hasn't gotten worse, but it clearly has.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

Punchy wrote:It won't get that hot in London!

We don't know what too hot is for zombies. Well we don't, the Canadians might. :lol:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:37 pm

thefourthman wrote:I always assumed that zombies would die again eventually without flesh...

regardless, that is a government report and at the very end of the issue you are supposed to realize that the government is 100% unreliable in this situation, they are trying to suppress information and act like the problem hasn't gotten worse, but it clearly has.

They still aren't Zombies!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:42 pm

Punchy wrote:They still aren't Zombies!

acts like zombie, smells like zombie, looks like zombie.... I call zombie.... FUCK PURISTS...

There are sentient regenerating superpowered zombies in Marvel Zombies and I don't see anyone calling foul.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:acts like zombie, smells like zombie, looks like zombie.... I call zombie.... FUCK PURISTS...

Smells like?

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 6 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

didn't one of the recent dawn of the dead movies feature zombies running fast before 28dl????
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:43 pm

Punchy wrote:Smells like?

my theater had smellovision for 28 days later.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:45 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:didn't one of the recent dawn of the dead movies feature zombies running fast before 28dl????

never saw the remake of Dawn of the dead but it is two years after 28dl, and Land of the Dead didn't have anything remotely intelligent or different going on in it and it is a year later, so no. 28dl, fast zombies first... then ZMD.

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:21 pm

Punchy wrote:They aren't the resurrected dead though, so they aren't Zombies.

They serve the exact same purpose, and as I said in my review, the film played a part in bringing back Zombies but to a pedant, they aren't Zombies.

How is someone in a Romero movie getting bit by a zombie and turning any different from 28DL consuming the blood of a zombie and turning?

28DL using a virus as a catalyst is just a modern update of the original zombie concept.

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:22 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:didn't one of the recent dawn of the dead movies feature zombies running fast before 28dl????

Yep.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:24 pm

amlah6 wrote:Yep.

which one???

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:26 pm

thefourthman wrote:never saw the remake of Dawn of the dead but it is two years after 28dl, and Land of the Dead didn't have anything remotely intelligent or different going on in it and it is a year later, so no. 28dl, fast zombies first... then ZMD.

Land of the Dead had the zombies evolved to the point that they were using weapons.

Up until the most recent Romero movie (at least what I remember of it - it was really bad), there had always been some form of evolution occurring with the zombies.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:30 pm

amlah6 wrote:Land of the Dead had the zombies evolved to the point that they were using weapons.

Up until the most recent Romero movie (at least what I remember of it - it was really bad), there had always been some form of evolution occurring with the zombies.

and it came out three years after 28dl.... I was done with Land, that movie made Day of the Dead seem like a masterpiece.

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:32 pm

thefourthman wrote:which one???

You were right in your post. The Dawn of the Dead remake with the running zombies came out 2 years after 28 Days Later. Zack Snyder directed it, it's not terrible as far as modern horror remakes go.

In calling 28DL a zombie movie, I would also consider something like Stephen King's The Cell a zombie story as well even if it's not using all of the traditional tropes. Both stories are clearly inspired by the Romero films, they just use modern science to update the concept and tell new stories within the zombie sub-genre.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand