Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Good enough for government work!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 184 - DAREDEVIL #500

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:35 pm

amlah6 wrote:You were right in your post. The Dawn of the Dead remake with the running zombies came out 2 years after 28 Days Later. Zack Snyder directed it, it's not terrible as far as modern horror remakes go.

In calling 28DL a zombie movie, I would also consider something like Stephen King's The Cell a zombie story as well even if it's not using all of the traditional tropes. Both stories are clearly inspired by the Romero films, they just use modern science to update the concept and tell new stories within the zombie sub-genre.

and that's why the purists need to fuck off. Good stories is good stories.

Bitching about the fact that the vampires walk around in the daylight in Twilight and Being Human doesn't make them any less vampires just different. (Although that being said, I'm still not reading or watching that Twilight bullshit)...

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:35 pm

thefourthman wrote:and it came out three years after 28dl.... I was done with Land, that movie made Day of the Dead seem like a masterpiece.


It has Asia Argento in fishnets, that was pretty much all the reason I needed to like it. Plus it has Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright as zombies.

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:39 pm

thefourthman wrote:and that's why the purists need to fuck off. Good stories is good stories.

Bitching about the fact that the vampires walk around in the daylight in Twilight and Being Human doesn't make them any less vampires just different. (Although that being said, I'm still not reading or watching that Twilight bullshit)...


I watched Twilight a couple of weeks ago and didn't hate it, no doubt I'll see the next one too. :oops:

The vampires in daylight thing is pretty fucking stupid though. It adds nothing to the mythos. At least if done correctly, running zombies can be f'ing scary.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:42 pm

amlah6 wrote:I watched Twilight a couple of weeks ago and didn't hate it, no doubt I'll see the next one too. :oops:

The vampires in daylight thing is pretty fucking stupid though. It adds nothing to the mythos. At least if done correctly, running zombies can be f'ing scary.

In Being Human, it serves a purpose -because what's his face is trying to assimilate into human society, and sort of adds to the mythos because they are inundated into society.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:42 pm

amlah6 wrote:I watched Twilight a couple of weeks ago and didn't hate it, no doubt I'll see the next one too. :oops:
.


hahahaa you're a mormon housewife with a kick for abstinence.
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:43 pm

Hah!

Daredevil #500 >>>> Ultimate Comics Avengers #1

:D
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:45 pm

Chris wrote:Hah!

Daredevil #500 >>>> Ultimate Comics Avengers #1

:D


Bah, at least in that thread we actually discussed the comic, not Zombies!
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:46 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:hahahaa you're a mormon housewife with a kick for abstinence.

He's Nicole Kidman?
Image
:shock: :?
No wonder I am in love with him! :oops:
User avatar

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:46 pm

And I've stuck around for two straight weeks now, so nyah to you Punchy! :P

Looking forward to FF, too.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 pm

thefourthman wrote:He's Nicole Kidman?
Image
:shock: :?
No wonder I am in love with him! :oops:


mormon not scientologist whack job.

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:47 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:hahahaa you're a mormon housewife with a kick for abstinence.


I guess I didn't really think about it when I watched the movie, but I guess the whole thing with the guy not wanting to turn the girl could be a pro-abstinence message.

At least I balance it out by watching True Blood which has about the same story to sex ratio as 1970's porn. :twisted:
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:49 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:mormon not scientologist whack job.

there's a fucking difference? I thought they all worshiped golden plates in the woods?

******

Postby ****** » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:51 pm

thefourthman wrote:there's a fucking difference? I thought they all worshiped golden plates in the woods?


Xenu is not amused.

Seriously, we're talking about Scientology now and House of J is not here to partake in it. We really do need to send out a search party.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:54 pm

amlah6 wrote:Xenu is not amused.

Seriously, we're talking about Scientology now and House of J is not here to partake in it. We really do need to send out a search party.

I got his email and shot him a message. We'll see what happens.

Seriously aren't John Smith and L Ron Hubbard the same guy... in the end both worship people some nut made up.
User avatar

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:08 pm

thefourthman wrote:I got his email and shot him a message. We'll see what happens.

Seriously aren't John Smith and L Ron Hubbard the same guy... in the end both worship people some nut made up.



hahaha you just said jesus is something some nut made up.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: FaceBook [Linkcheck], Kurosawa, pastajoe, SporkBot, Yahoo [Bot] and 57 guests