Advertisement

Review Group Week 184 - DAREDEVIL #500

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 am

guitarsmashley wrote:well it was total crap.

You're total crap. :x :x :x

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 am

doombug wrote:100 posts and no talk about the book at hand. :roll:

Heh, Hand.

Postby ****** » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:23 am

Punchy wrote:Heh, Hand.

When I read your posts now, they sound like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High in my head because of your avatar.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:30 am

amlah6 wrote:When I read your posts now, they sound like Spicoli from Fast Times at Ridgemont High in my head because of your avatar.

Fuck, I don't want to be Sean Penn.

I am Aquaman dammit!

Postby ****** » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:37 am

Punchy wrote:Fuck, I don't want to be Sean Penn.

I am Aquaman dammit!

Sean Penn should play Aquaman in a movie, it's the only way to give the character any legitimacy.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:56 am

amlah6 wrote:Sean Penn should play Aquaman in a movie, it's the only way to give the character any legitimacy.

He'd Milk it up.

I still think they should do a comedy Aquaman movie, Owen Wilson as Aquaman, Ben Stiller as Aqualad, and Will Ferrell as Ocean Master. It can be like Zoolander... but underwater.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:04 am

Punchy wrote:He'd Milk it up.

I still think they should do a comedy Aquaman movie, Owen Wilson as Aquaman, Ben Stiller as Aqualad, and Will Ferrell as Ocean Master. It can be like Zoolander... but underwater.

:lol:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Postby ****** » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:09 am

Aquaman is Harvey Milk.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:11 am

amlah6 wrote:Aquaman is Harvey Milk.

Fighting for Fish rights?

It's him and Troy McClure against the world.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 am

Punchy wrote:Fuck, I don't want to be Sean Penn.

I am Aquaman dammit!

yeah cuz Aquaman is so much more revered.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Mr_Batman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:49 am

I smell an Oscar somewhere.... :lol:

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby PDH » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:53 am

amlah6 wrote:How is someone in a Romero movie getting bit by a zombie and turning any different from 28DL consuming the blood of a zombie and turning?

28DL using a virus as a catalyst is just a modern update of the original zombie concept.

In a Romero film you become a Zombie when you die. You don't have to get bitten. Biting kills you but it's not what turns you into a Zombie.

28 Days Later is not a Zombie film because the creator says it isn't. That's the bottom line.

Zombie films are about death and how people cope with it. In 28 Days Later they're dealing with a disease. That's completely different. You can cure a disease, you can quarantine, you can take measures to prevent its spread.

You can't cure death. It doesn't matter how fast you run, it will always catch up to you eventually.

Zombies aren't monsters, OK. They're not werewolves. A Zombie film isn't about running away from baddies that are gonna get you. It's about death.

And I like 28 Days Later. It's a good film. Since it's not a Zombie film it doesn't bother me that they got Zombies wrong. I don't even mind running Zombies. They're obviously inferior and it suggests that the creators don't get what it's about but it's a minor detail, really. I'm not gonna avoid a film because it has running Zombies in it.

28 Days Later is about what people get up to when they think no-one's looking. You're missing the point, not only of Zombies but of 28 Days Later if you write it off as a take on Zombie films. It's about rage, not death.

It's not Day of the Dead, it's Day of the Triffids.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:59 am

PDH wrote:In a Romero film you become a Zombie when you die. You don't have to get bitten. Biting kills you but it's not what turns you into a Zombie.

28 Days Later is not a Zombie film because the creator says it isn't. That's the bottom line.

Zombie films are about death and how people cope with it. In 28 Days Later they're dealing with a disease. That's completely different. You can cure a disease, you can quarantine, you can take measures to prevent its spread.

You can't cure death. It doesn't matter how fast you run, it will always catch up to you eventually.

Zombies aren't monsters, OK. They're not werewolves. A Zombie film isn't about running away from baddies that are gonna get you. It's about death.

And I like 28 Days Later. It's a good film. Since it's not a Zombie film it doesn't bother me that they got Zombies wrong. I don't even mind running Zombies. They're obviously inferior and it suggests that the creators don't get what it's about but it's a minor detail, really. I'm not gonna avoid a film because it has running Zombies in it.

28 Days Later is about what people get up to when they think no-one's looking. You're missing the point, not only of Zombies but of 28 Days Later if you write it off as a take on Zombie films. It's about rage, not death.

It's not Day of the Dead, it's Day of the Triffids.

Sure didn't stop Fox from putting things like "Boyle Rejuvinates the Zombie Genre" on the website and DVD packaging.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 90 posts

Postby PDH » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:11 pm

thefourthman wrote:Sure didn't stop Fox from putting things like "Boyle Rejuvinates the Zombie Genre" on the website and DVD packaging.

Scary Movie has 'hilarious and outrageous' written on the packaging. Case closed.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:17 pm

PDH wrote:Scary Movie has 'hilarious and outrageous' written on the packaging. Case closed.

You know what, how about a link to the creator saying its not a zombie flick? Dubious thematics aside (the dead rising could be about rage) and the very first Night of the Living Dead has elements of what happens when people aren't watching, they act like fast smart zombies... zombie conisuers (read purists) are the only people who quibble over this... and regardless of its actual zombieness it is partly responsible for the popularity of zombies currently.

At the very least it is like a first cousin....
Last edited by thefourthman on Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand