Advertisement

Review Group Week 185 - FANTASTIC FOUR #570

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Outhouse resident punk rocker
Formerly: cool

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:31 pm

doombug wrote:Or you know the fact that reed has a mind that never stops going a 1000 miles a second...that could be why he hates going to bed, because he has trouble sleeping..Sue and Reed have one of the best marriages in comics and millar almost fucked it up in civil war.

I would say Millar made things interesting... I actually enjoyed the Civil War era FF issues by McDuffie? I think I enjoy FF more when the team isn't the FF.
I would totally read a FF book where Sue and Reed divorce, that would be awesome... Maybe Joe Q can introduce Mephisto to Sue.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:35 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:I would say Millar made things interesting... I actually enjoyed the Civil War era FF issues by McDuffie? I think I enjoy FF more when the team isn't the FF.
I would totally read a FF book where Sue and Reed divorce, that would be awesome... Maybe Joe Q can introduce Mephisto to Sue.

Sue could totally do better. She is still a young woman, and has needs.

Reed has clearly been neglecting her, spending all his time in the gym working out with Johnny.

Do you think Fat Reed from the Bridge also has a Fat Sue at home in his universe, or do you think the Sue of that dimension likes 'em fatter?

What about the Verne Troyer-Reed, what's the story there, do you think?

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:41 pm

House of J wrote:Sue could totally do better. She is still a young woman, and has needs.

Reed has clearly been neglecting her, spending all his time in the gym working out with Johnny.

Do you think Fat Reed from the Bridge also has a Fat Sue at home in his universe, or do you think the Sue of that dimension likes 'em fatter?

What about the Verne Troyer-Reed, what's the story there, do you think?

:lol:
Now I want a FF comic where a depressed and undersexed Sue goes to a bar for a drink and Hercules walks in... the jukebox cues up Marvin Gaye.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:41 pm

I don't read any FF at all, but I knew about the Civil War stuff. It would be interesting if they divorced.

Usually, I'd suggest a DC title to pick, but I don't really have one that's worth nominating. Red Tornado #1 might elicit a lower average score :lol:

I don't have a Marvel suggestion either. I haven't heard of any of those other titles those.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I don't read any FF at all, but I knew about the Civil War stuff. It would be interesting if they divorced.

Usually, I'd suggest a DC title to pick, but I don't really have one that's worth nominating. Red Tornado #1 might elicit a lower average score :lol:

I don't have a Marvel suggestion either. I haven't heard of any of those other titles those.

C'mon, no one, but NO ONE, is going to buy and read a Red Tornado book. I can't even believe there is one. I must've just assumed it was a misprint.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:45 pm

48THRiLLS wrote::lol:
Now I want a FF comic where a depressed and undersexed Sue goes to a bar for a drink and Hercules walks in... the jukebox cues up Marvin Gaye.

She could do a lot worse than get fixed up with Herc. I have nothing against a woman who likes it Greek.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:46 pm

House of J wrote:C'mon, no one, but NO ONE, is going to buy and read a Red Tornado book. I can't even believe there is one. I must've just assumed it was a misprint.

Therefore, the chance for a low average score is extremely high

doombug
Staff Writer

Liked in: 116 posts

Postby doombug » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:50 pm

House of J wrote:This issue clearly shows the damage is still beneath the surface, and Sue is staying with him until the kids grow up. You know, never.

PS I'm on to you! You can't moderate me here, Stinky Ding-dong, or whatever your Marvel board name was!

i can promise you that i never posted on the marvel boards. you ;paranoid mess.

48THRiLLS
Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:50 pm

I would love to review Sweet Tooth!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:53 pm

doombug wrote:i can promise you that i never posted on the marvel boards. you ;paranoid mess.

You are typical of someone who considers himself a "nice guy", but is in fact a passive-aggressive guy. I've seen your blogs, if you want to talk about who is in fact a mess.

Alternatively, we can agree to a truce.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:54 pm

48THRiLLS wrote:I would love to review Sweet Tooth!

Yeah, it's an obvious contender especially with the 99 cent cover price, I think.

EDIT: Just read most of the DD thread, thanks guys, I just took a camping trip though. Wish it was something really exciting.

The book sounded good, but the thread wasn't very dynamic until the zombie stuff.

You did make me want to read DD in trade, though.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:05 pm

Sweet Tooth or Strange Tales Max get my vote...

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:06 pm

thefourthman wrote:Sweet Tooth or Strange Tales Max get my vote...

First, you must answer who you think Sue should have a fling with?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 39 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:07 pm

House of J wrote:First, you must answer who you think Sue should have a fling with?

Johnny Storm? :twisted:
Maybe she doesn't leave Reed for one of two reasons...

1. Reed is the elastic man, he can make his penis whatever size or length he wants it to be...

2. She is tapping Ben on the side.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:15 pm

thefourthman wrote:Johnny Storm? :twisted:
Maybe she doesn't leave Reed for one of two reasons...

1. Reed is the elastic man, he can make his penis whatever size or length he wants it to be...

2. She is tapping Ben on the side.

Yeah, I covered both of those topics back on the Marvel boards. A man with a 24" cock doesn't matter a damn if he'd rather doodle on his walls in his secret room. Plus, clear evidence of steroid abuse in this issue, who wants the limpest, most-elastic wang in the universe?

But Ben is a good choice.

Johnny? What's wrong with you?! Maybe alternate Pirate Johnny...

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand