Advertisement

Review Group Week 189 - WOLVERINE: GIANT SIZE OLD MAN LOGAN

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:06 pm

Punchy wrote:Maybe you should stop moaning all the time.

Like I said, if you actually worked for a living you might understand.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:07 pm

MrBlack wrote:I've got to agree. I liked the issue, but it was way overpriced for what it was. That will impact my review.

Oh, MrBlack, you inveterate moaner, you.

:wink:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 12 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:08 pm

House of J wrote:Maybe. Maybe you should stick one thumb in your mouth and the other in your ass, too.

You shouldn't quit. POunchy's insane ideal of outside world having no influence on comics is crazy. He didn't even like BEasts of Burden for it's awesome story. Punchy has already scored this book regardless of its merits or not.

I for one am excited to read the conclusion, have not yet and have not checked out the book. If it is as you say, I will discuss it, if not, then I'll discuss that as well, this is a here only review...

I like the different voices of the group. It is good to see what other people think, especially people that you have an idea of their taste and motives in general, not real people but more so than the Tabu's and Shot Guns Crews of the world.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:08 pm

House of J wrote:Like I said, if you actually worked for a living you might understand.

I doubt it, because I'm not a massive baby.

I'll probably have less of a problem when I have a proper job, because I'll have more money than I do now.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:12 pm

thefourthman wrote:You shouldn't quit. POunchy's insane ideal of outside world having no influence on comics is crazy. He didn't even like BEasts of Burden for it's awesome story. Punchy has already scored this book regardless of its merits or not.

I for one am excited to read the conclusion, have not yet and have not checked out the book. If it is as you say, I will discuss it, if not, then I'll discuss that as well, this is a here only review...

I like the different voices of the group. It is good to see what other people think, especially people that you have an idea of their taste and motives in general, not real people but more so than the Tabu's and Shot Guns Crews of the world.

I gave Beasts Of Burden a good review! I liked the story and the art, just the artwork more. At least I reviewed the story, not a fucking ad or a letters page.

FFS, I'm just tired of HoJ being so fucking depressing all the time, he acts like Marvel are out to get him personally with their price increase. It's not so much the outside influence thing, it's just the constant bullshit.

The price is not that important to the book's quality and in my opinion if that's all he will talk about, he should leave, because it's not constructive.

Liked in: 59 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:14 pm

Punchy wrote:Maybe you should quit the review group.

Shut your whore mouth. I like HoJ and his eBay inspired ramblings. :x

I don't think there's any question Marvel is price gouging on stuff like this. When Dan Buckley gets up in front of shareholders and essentially says "because we can" when asked the reason for price increases, the situation is beyond fucked up.

On the plus side though, my order for December comics will only have 4 items from Marvel.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Punchy wrote:I doubt it, because I'm not a massive baby.

I'll probably have less of a problem when I have a proper job, because I'll have more money than I do now.

Non-retortworthy blathering.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:19 pm

Punchy wrote:I gave Beasts Of Burden a good review! I liked the story and the art, just the artwork more. At least I reviewed the story, not a fucking ad or a letters page.

FFS, I'm just tired of HoJ being so fucking depressing all the time, he acts like Marvel are out to get him personally with their price increase. It's not so much the outside influence thing, it's just the constant bullshit.

The price is not that important to the book's quality and in my opinion if that's all he will talk about, he should leave, because it's not constructive.

For the record, I myself and probably everyone else really couldn't give a shit what you're sick of or not sick of.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:20 pm

amlah6 wrote:Shut your whore mouth. I like HoJ and his eBay inspired ramblings. :x

I don't think there's any question Marvel is price gouging on stuff like this. When Dan Buckley gets up in front of shareholders and essentially says "because we can" when asked the reason for price increases, the situation is beyond fucked up.

On the plus side though, my order for December comics will only have 4 items from Marvel.

Hey, did you notice Iron Man #21 is back to $2.99? Your overreaction was just that.

Most of the time, people's price worries are bullshit and paranoid, I come here to discuss comics and the pleasure they bring, not fucking economics. I can buy it from Fourthman since he is a retailer and has a stake in it, but the rest of shouldn't get so serious.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:20 pm

House of J wrote:For the record, I myself and probably everyone else really couldn't give a shit what you're sick of or not sick of.

But they care that you're sick of Marvel's prices?

Postby ****** » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:26 pm

Punchy wrote:Hey, did you notice Iron Man #21 is back to $2.99? Your overreaction was just that.

Doesn't change the fact that the price increase on #19 after solicitation was complete bullshit.

Most of the time, people's price worries are bullshit and paranoid, I come here to discuss comics and the pleasure they bring, not fucking economics. I can buy it from Fourthman since he is a retailer and has a stake in it, but the rest of shouldn't get so serious.

You're the most serious of everyone. It's why you get so much shit. :wink:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:27 pm

amlah6 wrote:Doesn't change the fact that the price increase on #19 after solicitation was complete bullshit.

You're the most serious of everyone. It's why you get so much shit. :wink:

They increased the page count after solicitation too! That's the opposite of bullshit.

And I'm not that serious.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:28 pm

thefourthman wrote:You shouldn't quit. POunchy's insane ideal of outside world having no influence on comics is crazy. He didn't even like BEasts of Burden for it's awesome story. Punchy has already scored this book regardless of its merits or not.

I definitely wouldn't quit because of Punchy, he can go back on my ignore list in the blink of an eye and that's that--he's just upset he hasn't won a single argument since I've joined. It's just the Group likes Marvel books an awful lot and although I like participating in the reviews...it's a matter of principles with me. I wouldn't mind paying the extra buck or two if the publisher was playing it straight with me. But I believe many of the other $4.99 books lately had around 50 pages of story, am I right? Thor and the like. What Marvel is doing is cynically seeing how little folks will accept for the increased prices by playing with page counts like this and calling it Giant-Sized. Like everything in the real world, where Punchy may one day join us, you vote with your dollars, either saying ok this is good or hey waitaminute--fuck that! I don't want to contribute to the problem even in a small way, because at some point readers will have to put the brakes on the price-hikes. For me, a 32 page book for $5 is on the other side of that line in the sand.

Postby ****** » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:28 pm

Punchy wrote:They increased the page count after solicitation too! That's the opposite of bullshit.

And I'm not that serious.

Aquaman is gay.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:31 pm

House of J wrote:I definitely wouldn't quit because of Punchy, he can go back on my ignore list in the blink of an eye and that's that--he's just upset he hasn't won a single argument since I've joined. It's just the Group likes Marvel books an awful lot and although I like participating in the reviews...it's a matter of principles with me. I wouldn't mind paying the extra buck or two if the publisher was playing it straight with me. But I believe many of the other $4.99 books lately had around 50 pages of story, am I right? Thor and the like. What Marvel is doing is cynically seeing how little folks will accept for the increased prices by playing with page counts like this and calling it Giant-Sized. Like everything in the real world, where Punchy may one day join us, you vote with your dollars, either saying ok this is good or hey waitaminute--fuck that! I don't want to contribute to the problem even in a small way, because at some point readers will have to put the brakes on the price-hikes. For me, a 32 page book for $5 is on the other side of that line in the sand.

I haven't won an argument? Hahahahaha

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand