Advertisement

Review Group Week 189 - WOLVERINE: GIANT SIZE OLD MAN LOGAN

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 47 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:56 pm

starlord wrote:one quick question. How can anyone win an argument whose premise is subjective at best? :?

I've proven that I can in the past!

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:56 pm

There is no argument to be had here, though. Just the usual stating of an opinion or observation, followed by 3 pages of "wah, shut up!" from the peanut gallery.

Punchy follows me to about any comics thread and repeats the pattern almost every time.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Punchy wrote:I've proven that I can in the past!

It's your modesty that endears you to us... you know that, right?

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:59 pm

House of J wrote:There is no argument to be had here, though. Just the usual stating of an opinion or observation, followed by 3 pages of "wah, shut up!" from the peanut gallery.

There's no argument because you refuse to listen to anyone!

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Punchy wrote:There's no argument because you refuse to listen to anyone!

Listen, I know your underoos have been all bunchy since I mentioned I had a friend or two in the comics industry, but there is no argument to make that Marvel isn't gouging readers. Especially not from you, because really what knowledge can you bring to bear on the matter? Any?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:05 pm

House of J wrote:Listen, I know your underoos have been all bunchy since I mentioned I had a friend or two in the comics industry, but there is no argument to make that Marvel isn't gouging readers. Especially not from you, because really what knowledge can you bring to bear on the matter? Any?

The knowledge of commonsense.

And don't go bragging about friends in the industry, it's not endearing, you don't want to end up like SaturnKnight.

And knock it off on the age cracks, underoos, whatever, just because you're older doesn't mean your opinion is more valid.

PDH
penile prisoner

Liked in: 41 posts

Postby PDH » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:05 pm

starlord wrote:one quick question. How can anyone win an argument whose premise is subjective at best? :?

You can't.

It's hard to see how an argument could be won on the internet where there's no ultimate arbiter to judge who won, anyway. Most people believe they won an argument, regardless of how wrong they were, it doesn't make it so.

This 'argument' consists mostly personal attacks, in any case.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 pm

PDH wrote:You can't.

It's hard to see how an argument could be won on the internet where there's no ultimate arbiter to judge who won, anyway. Most people believe they won an argument, regardless of how wrong they were, it doesn't make it so.

This 'argument' consists mostly personal attacks, in any case.

That's the HoJ way, when he has no answer, he insults you.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:07 pm

Punchy wrote:The knowledge of commonsense.

And don't go bragging about friends in the industry, it's not endearing, you don't want to end up like SaturnKnight.

And knock it off on the age cracks, underoos, whatever, just because you're older doesn't mean your opinion is more valid.

Exactly, you've got nothing--nothing except "I don't care". Which is fine with me--but a person with commonsense [sic] such as yourself should have the good graces to remain silent on matters of no importance to him. Instead, you've tried to do what here?

Porcelain38
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Staff Writer.

Postby Porcelain38 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:08 pm

Can someone go ahead and please spoil this for me already?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:09 pm

House of J wrote:Exactly, you've got nothing--nothing except "I don't care". Which is fine with me--but a person with commonsense [sic] such as yourself should have the good graces to remain silent on matters of no importance to him. Instead, you've tried to do what here?

And what have you got? Pessimism and a sense of entitlement the size of Kansas.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Punchy wrote:That's the HoJ way, when he has no answer, he insults you.

You've yet to say anything that needs answering. You didn't have anything to begin except "I don't like your posts", basically.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:11 pm

House of J wrote:You've yet to say anything that needs answering. You didn't have anything to begin except "I don't like your posts", basically.

I've asked you why the price point is such a big deal to you, all you've said is 'I'm an adult and you wouldn't understand because you're a tiny child'

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Punchy wrote:I've asked you why the price point is such a big deal to you, all you've said is 'I'm an adult and you wouldn't understand because you're a tiny child'

And that's why we go in circles, for everyone's amusement--I've clearly stated here and elsewhere what my beef with the price increases are.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:13 pm

You know what? Fuck this noise. I'm not going to post in this thread until my review, and you can all see how enjoyable it is when pessimism is given free reign to suck all the joy away.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand