Advertisement

Shannon's Other Sequentials

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Liked in: 0 post

Shannon's Other Sequentials

Postby shannonh » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:22 pm

Advertisement

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Hot dang! More! MORE! MORE!!!

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Postby DMM » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:29 pm

It's awesome. Except, I don't like the panel where the guy is trying to grab the rope. The hand/fingers look wierd. It's very Liefeld-esque in that one panel. The rest is excellent.

Zab

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby Zab » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:33 pm

what's going on there?

I see a little bit of Yorrick Brown, Namor, Iron Man and Jaws.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:27 pm

DMM wrote:It's awesome. Except, I don't like the panel where the guy is trying to grab the rope. The hand/fingers look wierd. It's very Liefeld-esque in that one panel. The rest is excellent.

Ahh yes, Rob Liefeld. He is one of the top 5 reasons I got into drawing comics. I loved him on New Mutants.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:32 pm

Zabardast wrote:what's going on there?

I see a little bit of Yorrick Brown, Namor, Iron Man and Jaws.

Marvel Adventures Hulk #6 Pg 3-6

PAGE 3
Panel 1:
Near Atlantis, a swarm of Hulked out marine life approaches the city. They are giant, green, muscular sharks, swordfish and even normal fish. All of them are angry and powerful.
1. CAPTION (NAMOR)
When unusual marine life approached my great and fabled city --
Panel 2:
The Hulk fish are attacking Atlantis, smashing buildings and panicking the people.
2. CAPTION (NAMOR)
-- I was summoned to defend my people.
3. CAPTION (NAMOR – CONT.)
They were altered… Angry.
4. CAPTION (NAMOR – CONT.)
Like the hulking alter ego of Bruce Banner.
5. SFX (FALLING BUILDING)
K-THOOM
Panel 3:
Namor is landing a powerful punch to a Hulk Swordfish, knocking it away from the city.
6. SFX (PUNCH)
THAAKK
7. CAPTION (NAMOR)
Though it pained me to fight creatures of the sea --
Panel 4:
This is the largest panel on the page. Namor holds a Hulk Great White (actually, green) Shark in one hand and a Hulk Hammerhead in the other. He is slamming them together.
8. SFX (SHARK SLAM)
SLAAAM
9. CAPTION (NAMOR)
The avenging son of Atlantis was victorious!
PAGE 4
Panel 1:
Inset panel. Namor swims across coral reefs towards a glowing green light in the distance.
1. NAMOR
Finding the source of these strange monsters was not difficult.
Panel 2:
We’re looking past Namor at Bruce in a shark cage deep below the sea (and under the drilling platform). A long cable connects the cage to the drilling platform far above. Bruce is wearing an underwater pressure suit that gives him air and protects him from the extreme pressure of the sea. The Gamma Drill is above him, extending on an armature down from the platform. The coils on the drill are glowing with green energy as it charges up.
2. BRUCE
Okay, Rick, hit me with your best shot!
3. RICK (RADIO BALLOON NEAR BRUCE)
Fire away?
Panel 3:
Close on Bruce. We can see his face through the clear front of the pressure suit’s helmet.
4. BRUCE
Affirmative.
Panel 4:
This is the largest panel on the page. In the foreground, Bruce’s deep-sea cage unit is being exposed to a blast of energy from the gamma drill. We can see through Bruce to his bones. In the background, Namor speeds towards Bruce.
5. SFX (GAMMA DRILL)
V-VRRASH
6. CAPTION (NAMOR)
When I saw the energy beam I knew this was the source of the evil that had befallen great Atlantis.
PAGE 5
Panel 1:
In a fit of rage, Namor grabs the cable connected to the top of Bruce’s shark cage.
1. NAMOR
By Neptune’s trident --
Panel 2:
Inset panel. Namor pulls on the shark cage with a mighty heave. It is being pulled out of the gamma drill’s energy beam.
2. NAMOR
-- This shall not be!
3. SFX (SHARK CAGE MOVING THROUGH WATER)
FWOOOSH
Panel 3:
Inside the shark cage, Bruce holds on for dear life as he is propelled through the water.
4. BRUCE
Yaahh…!
5. RICK (RADIO BALLOON NEAR BRUCE)
Doc!?
Panel 4:
In the foreground, the shark cage is crashing to the deck of the drilling platform. In the background, Rick is standing at a control panel near the microphone he’s been talking into. Monkey and Rick both have looks of surprise on their faces. It is late at night. The only light is from the moon and stars overhead, the small lamp over the Gamma Drill’s control panel and the sparks from the shark cage hitting the deck.
6. RICK
I’m retracting the dri – holy cow!
7. SFX (CAGE HITTING DECK)
KA-KAANG
Panel 5:
Close on Rick and Monkey.
8. MONKEY
Eyeee!
Panel 6:
This is the largest panel on the page. Namor has ripped the door of the shark cage away from the frame and is holding it in one hand. He is pulling Bruce out of the cage by the chest of his pressure suit. Through the faceplate we can see that Bruce is starting to turn a little green. He is scared and trying to keep calm. His eyes have a greenish tint. In the background, the Gamma Drill is now visible as its armature retracts.
9. NAMOR
Imperius Rex!
10. NAMOR (LINK)
You shall pay for your actions!
11. BRUCE
M… must st… stay… calm…
12. SFX (HELMET SHATTERING)
KERRSH
PAGE 6
Panel 1:
POV shift back to Namor’s throne room. Namor is pointing at Bruce accusingly.
1. NAMOR
And then he dared… dared command the Prince of Atlantis!
Panel 2:
Rick is standing with a hand on Bruce’s shoulder, coming to his defense. Monkey is prying an oyster shell off of the nearby witness stand.
2. RICK
He was talking to himself, Nemo!
3. RICK
The army’s been hunting Doc, Monkey and me ever since the Doc’s first Hulk-out.
Panel 3:
Rick is moving towards the witness stand. Monkey has pried apart the oyster shell over his own head, his mouth upturned to catch the oyster that is falling out.
4. RICK (LINK)
So we used fake names to get jobs on the drilling platform.
Panel 4:
Small panel. Close on Bruce, puzzled.
5. RICK (OFF PANEL)
He was Mr. Keenan and my name was Kel.
6. BRUCE
I still don’t get why that was funny.
Panel 5:
This is the largest panel on the page. On the drilling rig, a bearded Scientist in a lab coat is showing Rick and Bruce the Gamma Drill. Monkey is on Rick’s shoulder. Bruce is clearly deep in conversation with the Scientist about some minutia of the drill’s workings. The Scientist has a look of astonished pleasure. There are a handful of workers on the platform from geologists to roustabouts performing various tasks such as operating machinery and checking readouts on laptop computers.
7. CAPTION (BRUCE)
The Doc’s big brain made getting the gig a snap.
8. BRUCE
… And recalibrating the circuit should produce a more powerful beam.
9. SCIENTIST
Astounding!
10. SCIENTIST (LINK)
You are truly a breath of fresh air, Mr. Keenan.
Panel 6:
Our POV is under the drilling rig. Bruce is being lowered into the water in the shark cage. At the same time, the Gamma Drill is extending on its armature to follow him.
11. CAPTION (RICK)
Soon as the Doc figured out how to rig the Gamma Drill, we snuck out to see if it could cure ‘im.
12. CAPTION (RICK)
They’d been using it to get oil for months.
13. CAPTION (RICK – CONT)
Guess the radiation made fish in the area Hulk-out.

Zenguru
Staff Writer

Liked in: 8 posts

Postby Zenguru » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 pm

DMM wrote:It's awesome. Except, I don't like the panel where the guy is trying to grab the rope. The hand/fingers look wierd. It's very Liefeld-esque in that one panel. The rest is excellent.
I don't share your opinion on that panel, but I do get that it is somewhat Liefeld-esque. Especially since I think it's better than how Liefeld would do it.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Creator's Corner