Sunday, August 28, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Where keepin' it real goes wrong."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 189 - WOLVERINE: GIANT SIZE OLD MAN LOGAN

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:51 pm

dairydead wrote:I learn something new every day. Quick read = terrible comic. Who'd have thought?


Damn right. Must mean that Owly sucks.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:55 pm

Punchy wrote:We should all be pissed off? Bollocks.

We should, we waited how long for this?
It cost how much?
It took how long to read?
It could have been written by just about anyone...
At the end of the day, all we have is great art in this issue and even that is disappointing because it is mostly spreads and two panels.

It is a nice package of what everyone outside of comics complains about - lite on story, all about the art, never know when they come out, overpriced, if you haven't been reading it - it doesn't make sense. It is everything we want fixed in one package with big fat Marvel bow on it. So, yeah, we should be pissed.

If it had come out on time, or better yet, this had been included in the last issue and that was giant sized long ass titled comic book #1, then I wouldn't be pissed.

Nothing about this issue is mind blowing, nothing about this issue will get more people to buy Wolverine comics or comics in general.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:59 pm

thefourthman wrote:We should, we waited how long for this?
It cost how much?
It took how long to read?
It could have been written by just about anyone...
At the end of the day, all we have is great art in this issue and even that is disappointing because it is mostly spreads and two panels.

It is a nice package of what everyone outside of comics complains about - lite on story, all about the art, never know when they come out, overpriced, if you haven't been reading it - it doesn't make sense. It is everything we want fixed in one package with big fat Marvel bow on it. So, yeah, we should be pissed.

If it had come out on time, or better yet, this had been included in the last issue and that was giant sized long ass titled comic book #1, then I wouldn't be pissed.

Nothing about this issue is mind blowing, nothing about this issue will get more people to buy Wolverine comics or comics in general.


None of that matters if the comic was enjoyable to read. It brought many of us plasure, whether it was late, or expensive, or too much art, it's irrelevant if the actual book is awesome.

And I disagree that this could have been written by anyone, this was a Mark Millar joint through and through.

******

Postby ****** » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Image

http://www.theouthousers.com/content/view/4554/176
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:01 pm

Punchy wrote:None of that matters if the comic was enjoyable to read. It brought many of us plasure, whether it was late, or expensive, or too much art, it's irrelevant if the actual book is awesome.

And I disagree that this could have been written by anyone, this was a Mark Millar joint through and through.

But all of you that love it seem to be reviewing the arc. IF I were reviewing the arc, this would have gotten a much higher score. I am not reviewing the arc though. I am reviewing this late, over priced, no substance issue.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:03 pm


wait, how did the sod count HOJ's sarcastic 11?
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm

thefourthman wrote:But all of you that love it seem to be reviewing the arc. IF I were reviewing the arc, this would have gotten a much higher score. I am not reviewing the arc though. I am reviewing this late, over priced, no substance issue.


My review was pretty much about this issue, I mentioned the rest of the arc, but always in relation to how this issue wraps that plot up, or how this issue improves on it.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Punchy wrote:My review was pretty much about this issue, I mentioned the rest of the arc, but always in relation to how this issue wraps that plot up, or how this issue improves on it.

The plot was wrapped up last issue. This issue played out better in my head. For the cost and the wait, this should have been the best comic ever and it falls way short.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:07 pm

thefourthman wrote:The plot was wrapped up last issue. This issue played out better in my head. For the cost and the wait, this should have been the best comic ever and it falls way short.


Was it really? I think we needed to see this release, ending the story on the unsheathing of the claws would piss people off, and there was also plot stuff like the Baby Hulk that wasn't in Wolverine #72.

And just because it wasn't the best book ever doesn't mean it's bad.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:10 pm

Punchy wrote:Was it really? I think we needed to see this release, ending the story on the unsheathing of the claws would piss people off, and there was also plot stuff like the Baby Hulk that wasn't in Wolverine #72.

And just because it wasn't the best book ever doesn't mean it's bad.

I never said it was BAD. I gave it a seven, I even called it above average and that is right smack at the beginning of good. I didn't even rate it lower for the wait and cost.

I'm just saying, we should be pissed, but instead everyone is acting like it is the second coming.

******

Postby ****** » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

thefourthman wrote:wait, how did the sod count HOJ's sarcastic 11?


Review posted, no score given.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:12 pm

thefourthman wrote:I never said it was BAD. I gave it a seven, I even called it above average and that is right smack at the beginning of good. I didn't even rate it lower for the wait and cost.

I'm just saying, we should be pissed, but instead everyone is acting like it is the second coming.


But since the people giving it 9 or 10 reviews enjoyed it more than you, why should they be pissed?

Just because you're angry doesn't mean everyone else has to be.
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Punchy wrote:But since the people giving it 9 or 10 reviews enjoyed it more than you, why should they be pissed?

Just because you're angry doesn't mean everyone else has to be.

But why aren't you mad? It cost two dollars more than a regular comic so that they could print all the covers, which you already have bigger or didn't want to spend extra on, over again. There were no behind the scenes extras and it wasn't bigger than a book DC would charge you the same price for. Plus we waited forever...

Does the health of the industry which relates directly to the health of the medium not matter to you at all?
User avatar

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:15 pm

amlah6 wrote:Review posted, no score given.

cool. I was hoping that the sod was not a blind follower.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:16 pm

thefourthman wrote:But why aren't you mad? It cost two dollars more than a regular comic so that they could print all the covers, which you already have bigger or didn't want to spend extra on, over again. There were no behind the scenes extras and it wasn't bigger than a book DC would charge you the same price for. Plus we waited forever...

Does the health of the industry which relates directly to the health of the medium not matter to you at all?


I'm not mad because the issue was fucking great.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Sully85 and 35 guests