Advertisement

Review Group Week 190 - TEEN TITANS #75

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 227 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:26 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Sorry guys and pedopunchs' but like I said I've got a paper due tuesday and then I leave for NY that night and then another paper due friday so I wont be reviewing this week and maybe next week.

See Punch, now you've run Yoni off! :x
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:26 pm

thefourthman wrote:See Punch, now you've run Yoni off! :x

Good. He sucks!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Yeah, I think I've had enough drama. And this book might end up being good. You never know!

As for the Punchy thing. Umm... I know it's all meant in jest, but it's really a horrible thing to joke about.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Punchy wrote:Good. He sucks!

I guess if you had your way, the group would be you and no one else covering a different Bendis book every week.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

starlord wrote:Yeah, I think I've had enough drama. And this book might end up being good. You never know!

As for the Punchy thing. Umm... I know it's all meant in jest, but it's really a horrible thing to joke about.

Exactly. But then Yoni is a horrible person.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

Punchy wrote:Exactly. But then Yoni is a horrible person.

:roll:

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:31 pm

starlord wrote:Yeah, I think I've had enough drama. And this book might end up being good. You never know!

But, we were just giving you what you wanted. :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:32 pm

thefourthman wrote:I guess if you had your way, the group would be you and no one else covering a different Bendis book every week.

Hey, my big arguments in the group have been about Millar books!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:34 pm

Punchy wrote:Hey, my big arguments in the group have been about Millar books!

okay so once a quarter when a Millar book actually ships, you will cover it... :roll:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:okay so once a quarter when a Millar book actually ships, you will cover it... :roll:

Damn right. And it'll cost $10 and be awesome and you'll cry but secretly you'll love it.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:37 pm

Punchy wrote:Damn right. And it'll cost $10 and be awesome and you'll cry but secretly you'll love it.

I have never been secretive about anything!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:40 pm

thefourthman wrote:But, we were just giving you what you wanted. :?

oh so I ask for this and this you guys give me!?

where's all the naughty photos I've asked for in the last five years! :x :P

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:43 pm

and furthermore, liking something and being critical of it are two different things... I can like something despite its flaws. I can give something a 5, but still really enjoy it. They are not purely inclusive concepts.

For example, Citizen Kane is the best movie I have ever seen. Time Bandits is my favorite movie.

Hulk is a terrible comic, but I find it immensely entertaining. On the other hand Planetary is the bar all comics should be shooting for. You can have both, but if I am reviewing Hulk, I have to say what its flaws are and why it is worthwhile despite those flows... As in GSWOML #1 - I think it would be a worthwhile chapter in the eventual collection but as a comic that I was expected to pay $4.99 for, it fell short of me referring to it as a must buy, especially to someone that had not read it from Wolverine #66...

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:44 pm

starlord wrote:oh so I ask for this and this you guys give me!?

where's all the naughty photos I've asked for in the last five years! :x :P

I am fat and hairy, no one wants to see me naked and I have a little penis, so in the end, why waste your time?

Drama, I can make that happen in spades...

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:45 pm

thefourthman wrote:and furthermore, liking something and being critical of it are two different things... I can like something despite its flaws. I can give something a 5, but still really enjoy it. They are not purely inclusive concepts.

For example, Citizen Kane is the best movie I have ever seen. Time Bandits is my favorite movie.

Hulk is a terrible comic, but I find it immensely entertaining. On the other hand Planetary is the bar all comics should be shooting for. You can have both, but if I am reviewing Hulk, I have to say what its flaws are and why it is worthwhile despite those flows... As in GSWOML #1 - I think it would be a worthwhile chapter in the eventual collection but as a comic that I was expected to pay $4.99 for, it fell short of me referring to it as a must buy, especially to someone that had not read it from Wolverine #66...

Planetary #27 is out next week, maybe Mr Batman can pick that we can see if you feel that it was unnecessary and that the plot ended in #26 and how it was more expensive than any of the previous issues, and with the 2 year delay it should have been son much better :P

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand