Advertisement

Review Group Week 190 - TEEN TITANS #75

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 117 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:18 am

Sire v 2.0 wrote:the only thing that sucks at work is the internet connection sucks so its so slow.

that and some how in 2009 people are shocked, SHOCKED that the get fees for spending more money then whats in the account

people are shocked by lots of things...

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:15 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I've never read Planetary

Not that this will be that way, but with the exception of the two issues that cover the origin of The Drummer, the entire run is nothing but done and one books. I started reading at issue 22 and fell in love with the book and put a whole set together.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:40 pm

I accidentally didn't pick this up :oops: I'll review GSWOML later though. And I don't think I ever posted my review for Dark Reign: The List Avengers

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:43 pm

thefourthman wrote:Not that this will be that way, but with the exception of the two issues that cover the origin of The Drummer, the entire run is nothing but done and one books. I started reading at issue 22 and fell in love with the book and put a whole set together.

Is it hard to find?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 1:44 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:Is it hard to find?

Only #19, the rest is fairly easy... there are three trades thus far... #19 is the first issue of volume 4 which will collect through this issue... it was a low print run and the beginning of the last volume, plus it has a white cover so it can be pricey.

And if you mean this issue, shouldn't be any harder than a lot of the things we review, it is published by DC and is one of the most highly praised books ever.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:25 pm

thefourthman wrote:Only #19, the rest is fairly easy... there are three trades thus far... #19 is the first issue of volume 4 which will collect through this issue... it was a low print run and the beginning of the last volume, plus it has a white cover so it can be pricey.

And if you mean this issue, shouldn't be any harder than a lot of the things we review, it is published by DC and is one of the most highly praised books ever.

I've never read it, so I don't really want to pick it

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I've never read it, so I don't really want to pick it

I don't want you to pick it, you made your choice, you should most definitely check it out at some point. It is the best comic I have ever read, no qualifiers nothing. It is #1 on the list.

Mr_Batman
Review Grouper

Postby Mr_Batman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:45 pm

thefourthman wrote:I don't want you to pick it, you made your choice, you should most definitely check it out at some point. It is the best comic I have ever read, no qualifiers nothing. It is #1 on the list.

I almost picked it, knowing many people would pick it up

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:49 pm

Mr_Batman wrote:I almost picked it, knowing many people would pick it up

That would have been cool, but I am unsure how successful it would have been for the thread, many have only read it in trades and will be waiting for that volume four... Plus, it was a fairly obscure title four years ago when I first started reading it. It has really grown its following in the last few years as people have talked it up and discovered the trades. Although, I could be mistaken, it was already several years old at that point.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:16 pm

thefourthman wrote:That would have been cool, but I am unsure how successful it would have been for the thread, many have only read it in trades and will be waiting for that volume four... Plus, it was a fairly obscure title four years ago when I first started reading it. It has really grown its following in the last few years as people have talked it up and discovered the trades. Although, I could be mistaken, it was already several years old at that point.

It started in January 1999, it's 10 years old.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:35 pm

Punchy wrote:It started in January 1999, it's 10 years old.

I knew it was older, I am unsure how popular it was before four years ago. I don't think it was ever a top ten book.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:36 pm

thefourthman wrote:I knew it was older, I am unsure how popular it was before four years ago. I don't think it was ever a top ten book.

No, it wasn't, Wildstorm never really sell that well. I think the reason it got more popular was word of mouth, Cassaday's increased profile due to working on Astonishing X-Men, and also Ellis doing more Marvel work too.

Daringd
Review Grouper

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Daringd » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:53 pm

I out right refuse to buy Teen Titans ever!...Next week Haunt...god I hope its good

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:25 am

thefourthman wrote:people are shocked by lots of things...

I am shocked, shocked, I tell you, that a rich and powerful man like David Letterman is bedding hot young chicks.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:51 am

Daringd wrote:I out right refuse to buy Teen Titans ever!...Next week Haunt...god I hope its good

Booooo!!! You must share in our pain! :x

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand