Advertisement

Review Group Week 189 - WOLVERINE: GIANT SIZE OLD MAN LOGAN

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 116 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 am

You know who didn't buy Old Man Logan?

This guy.

I don't even have a good excuse. It was a bit more expensive than I like my comics to be and it was a larger week. It would have been interesting coming in at the end of a storyline and seeing if the final chapter was good even without reading anything else.

Maybe it'll end up in my bag this week and I'll give it a late review. I still have to go back and do Avengers the List someday because I read it and never did put up a review.

Then, someday, long into the future, I'll review Herogasm. I bought that book and could never bring myself to read it. I hate Garth Ennis so much. (there, Punchy, that ought to take some of the heat off of you for a moment or two ;))

Advertisement

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:39 am

SuperginraiX wrote:You know who didn't buy Old Man Logan?

This guy.

I don't even have a good excuse. It was a bit more expensive than I like my comics to be and it was a larger week. It would have been interesting coming in at the end of a storyline and seeing if the final chapter was good even without reading anything else.

Maybe it'll end up in my bag this week and I'll give it a late review. I still have to go back and do Avengers the List someday because I read it and never did put up a review.

Then, someday, long into the future, I'll review Herogasm. I bought that book and could never bring myself to read it. I hate Garth Ennis so much. (there, Punchy, that ought to take some of the heat off of you for a moment or two ;))

I was starting to wonder if you were quitting. I knew there was no way you didn't get that craptastic List book. :P

Postby ****** » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:19 pm

It was kind of interesting to see how this thread developed while I had to sit back and wait for the comic to come in my Box-O-Comics. Now that I've gotten a chance to read the issue myself, all I can really think of to say is...

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!?!?!

This was page after page after page of holy shit after holy shit after oh my motherfucking gawd!

I had a shitload of fun reading this, it sucks that not everyone else could share in the experience. I loved Wolverine slaughtering hulkspawn after hulkspawn, I loved Hulk naming his sons after the Dukes of Hazard, I loved Old Man Banner being badass and pervy, I loved the fight between Hulk and Wolverine and I loved Logan and Bruce Jr. riding off into the sunset. For me this issue was the perfect conclusion of the best Wolverine story ever told and one of the best superhero stories of the past decade.

Steve McNiven continues his mastery of sequential art and every line on every page made this worth the wait. The book was a bit dark in places however, Marvel's printers strike again I suspect.

Story: 10
Art: 9.5
Overall: 9.75

SuperginraiX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 116 posts
Title: unpronounceable
Formerly: Sane

Postby SuperginraiX » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:27 pm

amlah6 wrote:It was kind of interesting to see how this thread developed while I had to sit back and wait for the comic to come in my Box-O-Comics. Now that I've gotten a chance to read the issue myself, all I can really think of to say is...

This was page after page after page of holy shit after holy shit after oh my motherfucking gawd!

I had a shitload of fun reading this, it sucks that not everyone else could share in the experience. I loved Wolverine slaughtering hulkspawn after hulkspawn, I loved Hulk naming his sons after the Dukes of Hazard, I loved Old Man Banner being badass and pervy, I loved the fight between Hulk and Wolverine and I loved Logan and Bruce Jr. riding off into the sunset. For me this issue was the perfect conclusion of the best Wolverine story ever told and one of the best superhero stories of the past decade.

Steve McNiven continues his mastery of sequential art and every line on every page made this worth the wait. The book was a bit dark in places however, Marvel's printers strike again I suspect.

In short, Amlah agrees with Punchy.

Mark your calendars.

Postby ****** » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:29 pm

SuperginraiX wrote:In short, Amlah agrees with Punchy.

Mark your calendars.

Not that unusual. It's just that when Punchy's wrong he has a bit of trouble admitting that I'm right. :wink:

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:32 pm

amlah6 wrote:It was kind of interesting to see how this thread developed while I had to sit back and wait for the comic to come in my Box-O-Comics. Now that I've gotten a chance to read the issue myself, all I can really think of to say is...

DAMN RIGHT

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand