Advertisement

Review Group Week 192 - THE UNWRITTEN #6

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:45 am

House of J wrote:I thought I read that somewhere, I couldn't remember his name. What happened to that guy in the end? Or last.

He died in the original Azrael #100.

This new guy is called Michael Washington Lane, a former Cop who first appeared in Morrison's run.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:46 am

Punchy wrote:He died in the original Azrael #100.

This new guy is called Michael Washington Lane, a former Cop who first appeared in Morrison's run.

:shock: There was an Azrael series that made it to #100?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am

House of J wrote::shock: There was an Azrael series that made it to #100?

Yep, from 1995 to 2003, I think Denny O'Neil wrote every issue.

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 119 posts

Postby MrBlack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 am

Punchy wrote:He died in the original Azrael #100.

Lane was one of the brainwashed Batmen from the R.I.P. story.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:28 pm

MrBlack wrote:Lane was one of the brainwashed Batmen from the R.I.P. story.

I remember him now. That was the good Morrison Batman stuff.

(to me)

MrBlack
WTF is this rank?

Liked in: 119 posts

Postby MrBlack » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:30 pm

House of J wrote:I remember him now. That was the good Morrison Batman stuff.

(to me)

I ended up really liking RIP and the stuff that came before. The best part was definitely the Club of Heroes issues. Great story and great art.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 205 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:32 pm

House of J wrote:I remember him now. That was the good Morrison Batman stuff.

(to me)

I liked Batman and Son through RIP, it relied heavily on paying close attention and was definitely enhanced for long time readers, especially people who have read really obscure stories... a lot of the hate for RIP comes from the fact that people came into it without the prior stories, so it was difficult to navigate. I sold a crap ton of Batman and Son trades (and still do) because that is the least effort you have to make to understand RIP... it is a shame that the Black Case File tpb came out after RIP was in hardcover, that was a stupid move on DC's part, but Morrison may not have been real forthcoming with his references either.

Anyhow, I dig Batman and Robin as well, but it is a very different book.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:33 pm

MrBlack wrote:I ended up really liking RIP and the stuff that came before. The best part was definitely the Club of Heroes issues. Great story and great art.

yes the Black Glove was probably the best Bats story since return of the Dark Knight.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:41 pm

thefourthman wrote:I liked Batman and Son through RIP, it relied heavily on paying close attention and was definitely enhanced for long time readers, especially people who have read really obscure stories... a lot of the hate for RIP comes from the fact that people came into it without the prior stories, so it was difficult to navigate. I sold a crap ton of Batman and Son trades (and still do) because that is the least effort you have to make to understand RIP... it is a shame that the Black Case File tpb came out after RIP was in hardcover, that was a stupid move on DC's part, but Morrison may not have been real forthcoming with his references either.

Anyhow, I dig Batman and Robin as well, but it is a very different book.

Didn't even know there was one.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:44 pm

House of J wrote:Didn't even know there was one.

yeah, it has a bunch of the old stories that mOrrison referenced, like Purple Batshit crazy Bats and the story about the whatthefuckisthewordiwillthinkofitlaterbutitmakesyoutripballswithoutdrugs tank

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:44 pm

MrBlack wrote:I ended up really liking RIP and the stuff that came before. The best part was definitely the Club of Heroes issues. Great story and great art.

thefourthman wrote:yes the Black Glove was probably the best Bats story since return of the Dark Knight.

I liked reading a lot of that, but the end of the arc keeps me from agreeing with tfm that it's best since return of the Dark Knight. Well...that plus I haven't read much of Batman since then myself.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:47 pm

Written by Bill Finger, Edmond Hamilton and others; Art by Sheldon Moldoff, Dick Sprang and others; Cover by Alex Ross
Discover the stories that inspired recent events in the Batman universe with this new collection! Featuring stories from BATMAN #65, 86, 112, 113, 134, 156 and 162, DETECTIVE COMICS #215, 235, 247 and 267, and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #89. With an intro by Grant Morrison.

* Batman
* 144pg.
* Color
* Softcover
* $17.99 US
* ISBN 9781401222642

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:51 pm

thefourthman wrote:Image

Written by Bill Finger, Edmond Hamilton and others; Art by Sheldon Moldoff, Dick Sprang and others; Cover by Alex Ross
Discover the stories that inspired recent events in the Batman universe with this new collection! Featuring stories from BATMAN #65, 86, 112, 113, 134, 156 and 162, DETECTIVE COMICS #215, 235, 247 and 267, and WORLD'S FINEST COMICS #89. With an intro by Grant Morrison.

* Batman
* 144pg.
* Color
* Softcover
* $17.99 US
* ISBN 9781401222642

I've only read some of those. Looks like fun! I sort of agree about the odd timing, tho. Sell well?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:53 pm

House of J wrote:I liked reading a lot of that, but the end of the arc keeps me from agreeing with tfm that it's best since return of the Dark Knight. Well...that plus I haven't read much of Batman since then myself.

I am saying Black Glove by itself is, The run as a whole has major problems throughout, but it is solid.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:54 pm

thefourthman wrote:I am saying Black Glove by itself is, The run as a whole has major problems throughout, but it is solid.

Right, I see what you're saying, you remember the arc names better than I do.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand