Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26790
Likes: 144 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:27 pm

Punchy wrote:The confirmed list for next week is up, good possible choices include:

Arkham Reborn #1 - Some Batman mini, but since we did a Bat-book this week...

Batman #692 - Tony Daniel's first issue as writer/artist.

Northlanders #21 - First issue of new storyline.

World's Finest #1 - Batman characters and Superman characters team up.

Dark Avengers: Ares #1 - Kieron Gillen and Ares!

Dark Reign: The List - Punisher - Romita Jnr!

Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine - Fantomex!

Wolverine Weapon X #6 - New story arc, Wolverine in an Insane Asylum

X-Necrosha One-Shot - Kicks off another crossover.

X-Factor #50 - Big milestone for the book.

Invincible Presents Atom Eve and Rex Splode #1 - Everyone loves the Invinciverse!

you should always include the link so us super indy hounds don't have to hunt it down.

Advertisement

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 74 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:29 pm

thefifthman wrote:you should always include the link so us super indy hounds don't have to hunt it down.


http://forums.millarworld.tv/index.php?showtopic=90457

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26790
Likes: 144 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:36 pm

FVZA #1
and
Pilot Season Declassified
are the most interesting releases next week

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 74 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:37 pm

thefifthman wrote:FVZA #1
and
Pilot Season Declassified
are the most interesting releases next week


Hipster!

Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine is the best, Jason Aaron, Esad Ribic, Wolverine, Marvel Boy and Fantomex.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:39 pm

thefifthman wrote:1. He didn't care that GSWOML was overpriced. Karma is getting him back.
2. I just told some fucker not to buy it and he bought it anyhow, might as well be a kid. :p
Kids come in, ask if spidey was a comic before it was a movie and a cartoon and buy Bone. Sometimes you get weird kids that want weird stuff, that is why I keep all the mature themed stuff out of their reach.


I like to set up at shows and and sell tons of mature books to kids, tell 'em "No, your parents won't have any problem with any of this stuff." The old men, on the other hand, like the juvenile stuff.

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18511
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Dark Reign: The List - Punisher

Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine

Wolverine Weapon X #6

X-Factor #50

are what I'm interested in.
Image

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26790
Likes: 144 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Punchy wrote:Hipster!

Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine is the best, Jason Aaron, Esad Ribic, Wolverine, Marvel Boy and Fantomex.

fuck you... first of all having read FVZA, I was completely blown the fuck away.
http://brokenfrontier.com/reviews/p/det ... e-agency-1

and Pilot season is always fun.

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:41 pm

Punchy wrote:The confirmed list for next week is up, good possible choices include:

Arkham Reborn #1 - Some Batman mini, but since we did a Bat-book this week...

Batman #692 - Tony Daniel's first issue as writer/artist.

Northlanders #21 - First issue of new storyline.

World's Finest #1 - Batman characters and Superman characters team up.

Dark Avengers: Ares #1 - Kieron Gillen and Ares!

Dark Reign: The List - Punisher - Romita Jnr!

Dark Reign: The List - Wolverine - Fantomex!

Wolverine Weapon X #6 - New story arc, Wolverine in an Insane Asylum

X-Necrosha One-Shot - Kicks off another crossover.

X-Factor #50 - Big milestone for the book.

Invincible Presents Atom Eve and Rex Splode #1 - Everyone loves the Invinciverse!


:roll: Ok, some kids like the juvenile stuff as well, I guess.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 74 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:42 pm

thefifthman wrote:fuck you... first of all having read FVZA, I was completely blown the fuck away.
http://brokenfrontier.com/reviews/p/det ... e-agency-1

and Pilot season is always fun.


I am just totally burnt out on Zombies and Vampires, it's lazy to even use them, and I know I just suggested a Wolverine comic, but seriously, Vampires can fuck off.

And Pilot Season isn't even an issue, just a preview right?

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26790
Likes: 144 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:43 pm

House of J wrote:I like to set up at shows and and sell tons of mature books to kids, tell 'em "No, your parents won't have any problem with any of this stuff." The old men, on the other hand, like the juvenile stuff.

well of course they want that stuff and at shows, it is fun... in the shop, not so much... angry mothers are the worst phone conversations.

I had an employee, no longer with us, who sold a mature rated manga to a 12 year old kid and then refused to refund the money to the dad when he came in steaming mad about it.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 74 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:43 pm

House of J wrote::roll: Ok, some kids like the juvenile stuff as well, I guess.


Juvenile? None of those comics are especially juvenile.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26790
Likes: 144 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Punchy wrote:I am just totally burnt out on Zombies and Vampires, it's lazy to even use them, and I know I just suggested a Wolverine comic, but seriously, Vampires can fuck off.

And Pilot Season isn't even an issue, just a preview right?

I don't know, it said Pilot Season and its a buck...

fuck you you wolverine lover... there really aren't that many Vampire books. Maybe as many as fucking Wolverine.

And this one is fucking awesome.

Dragavon
User avatar
Podcaster
 
Posts: 18511
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 9:35 am
Location: NJ
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly


Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Dynamo 5 #25

Another title I'd choose.
Image

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34445
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 74 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:46 pm

thefifthman wrote:I don't know, it said Pilot Season and its a buck...

fuck you you wolverine lover... there really aren't that many Vampire books. Maybe as many as fucking Wolverine.

And this one is fucking awesome.


Vampires in popular culture in general, movies, tv, all of it.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 26790
Likes: 144 posts
Liked in: 70 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:47 pm

Punchy wrote:Vampires in popular culture in general, movies, tv, all of it.

what the fuck does the popular culture have to do with it, mr. each comic is a fucking island?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: alijafferythehunk, kiwifruit, MistaT, Yahoo [Bot], Zechs and 70 guests

Advertisement