Friday, June 24, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Resistance is futile."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:47 pm

it's super's pick... are there transformers books? :roll:

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:48 pm

thefifthman wrote:what the fuck does the popular culture have to do with it, mr. each comic is a fucking island?

I'm just bored of Vampires and have no desire to read about them. I'm sure if this FVZA or whatever is any good and not just another middling indie genre meld that will go nowhere, I'd like it, but it doesn't hook me.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:49 pm

thefifthman wrote:well of course they want that stuff and at shows, it is fun... in the shop, not so much... angry mothers are the worst phone conversations.

I had an employee, no longer with us, who sold a mature rated manga to a 12 year old kid and then refused to refund the money to the dad when he came in steaming mad about it.

:? I had a hipster mom flipping through some 1960s Playboys yesterday morning with her whatever-month old baby. I asked her if she was trying to make him hungry.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Punchy wrote:I'm just bored of Vampires and have no desire to read about them. I'm sure if this FVZA or whatever is any good and not just another middling indie genre meld that will go nowhere, I'd like it, but it doesn't hook me.

I'm sick of events and Wolverine, but I don't whine about them until after you pick them, fartknocker.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm

House of J wrote::? I had a hipster mom flipping through some 1960s Playboys yesterday morning with her whatever-month old baby. I asked her if she was trying to make him hungry.

hipster moms are awesome, especially when they are of the milf variety.

Postby ****** » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:54 pm

Can someone post a summary of the last 30-40 posts, I was out buying the Christian Walker Powers statue for half price. :-D

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:54 pm

thefifthman wrote:I'm sick of events and Wolverine, but I don't whine about them until after you pick them, fartknocker.

So far it seems like most of those The List books are all continued elsewhere, rather than being true one-shots.

I have to agree with Charles Webb's assessment of Dark Reign over at Comics Bulletin.

It can't really go anywhere at all until it's over, so spin those wheels, man.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:56 pm

thefifthman wrote:I'm sick of events and Wolverine, but I don't whine about them until after you pick them, fartknocker.

When was the last time I picked an event book? My last pick was Ultimate Avengers, no Wolverine there. Before that it was Ghost Rider, and before that an issue of Amazing Spider-Man, Hammerhead.

I don't really pick Event books.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:56 pm

amlah6 wrote:Can someone post a summary of the last 30-40 posts, I was out buying the Christian Walker Powers statue for half price. :-D

Starlord & Punchy like the book, others recoil as from a snake.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:56 pm

amlah6 wrote:Can someone post a summary of the last 30-40 posts, I was out buying the Christian Walker Powers statue for half price. :-D

new books come out wednesday.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:57 pm

Somebody was arguing with Punchy as usual. Fifthman and I were discussing whether kids buy comics.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:57 pm

House of J wrote:So far it seems like most of those The List books are all continued elsewhere, rather than being true one-shots.

I have to agree with Charles Webb's assessment of Dark Reign over at Comics Bulletin.

It can't really go anywhere at all until it's over, so spin those wheels, man.

They continue into the corresponding ongoings.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:57 pm

House of J wrote:Starlord & Punchy like the book, others recoil as from a snake.

I didn't like it, I just didn't hate it.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Dragavon wrote:Somebody was arguing with Punchy as usual. Fifthman and I were discussing whether kids buy comics.

Wasn't me, that was fifthy too.

thefourthman

Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:58 pm

Punchy wrote:When was the last time I picked an event book? My last pick was Ultimate Avengers, no Wolverine there. Before that it was Ghost Rider, and before that an issue of Amazing Spider-Man, Hammerhead.

I don't really pick Event books.

don't try to confuse the issue with your "facts"...
Ultimate Avengers was an event because it saved the Ultimate Universe from Loeb.
Ghost Rider is an event because Aaron writes it, making it more important than all other books (despite his poor choice of taking on Wolverine)
Amazing Spider-Man comes out three times a month and still had a banner, jackass.

EVENTS are all you pick. :p

leave a comment with facebook