Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

McKegan
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ


Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Gotham City Sirens.


Haven't read it. Can't say I'm a fan of Paul Dini's comic work.

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 32039
Likes: 104 posts
Liked in: 124 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Punchy wrote:And from your general dispositions after months of communicating with you all on here.


Then you remember the ones where I liked Bendis pre-SI, and the ones where I expressed some dismay that Marvel & DC had so little to offer me at the moment, which happens in cycles.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:06 pm

Punchy wrote:Yoni said Dark Reign was pointless. Well what point does any comic have beyond to entertain? Dark Reign does that. To expect it to do something more is stupid.

It's like when people say the Ultimate line sucks because it doesn't matter. And the 616 does?

All I am saying is that it doesn't help your argument... not that anything will. :p
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 107 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:07 pm

thefifthman wrote:All I am saying is that it doesn't help your argument... not that anything will. :p


To be honest, I've got like 3 different sides of this argument up at once, I'm forgetting which way to respond to each one.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 284 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:07 pm

Punchy wrote:Ugh, Dini.


And Bendis at this point is a hack who can't write his way out of an event.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 284 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:08 pm

BTW this weeks book was bad on a Chuck Austen level.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't mean that.

In general you like to consider yourself a big reader of Independent books, and like to pimp them.

I am a big reader of Comics and I pimp the ones I like. You should go back and read my Batman and Robin #1 review, it reads like you talking about Bendis.

The Indie books will always need more help. You sound like my stupid boss who is unaware that the two comics I collect in single issue are Spider-Man and Batman.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 107 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:08 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:And Bendis at this point is a hack who can't write his way out of an event.


Heh, yeah, sure.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 16325
Likes: 284 posts
Liked in: 411 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:09 pm

McKegan wrote:Haven't read it. Can't say I'm a fan of Paul Dini's comic work.


I've liked his stuff thus far, this and Streets of Gotham have both been good. I'm not reading the fill in issues on Sog though.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 32039
Likes: 104 posts
Liked in: 124 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:10 pm

Punchy wrote:I don't mean that.

In general you like to consider yourself a big reader of Independent books, and like to pimp them.


Some of them deserve the extra exposure. And some of those guys give fifthy free handjobs, only not today because he's so cranky you can tell.

If Dark Reign is "pointless", it's because the storyline can't really move forward much until it's over. Have you read any of Charles Webb's reviews of DR books lately--because that would sum up how I feel without wearing out my keyboard.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 107 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:11 pm

House of J wrote:Some of them deserve the extra exposure. And some of those guys give fifthy free handjobs, only not today because he's so cranky you can tell.

If Dark Reign is "pointless", it's because the storyline can't really move forward much until it's over. Have you read any of Charles Webb's reviews of DR books lately--because that would sum up how I feel without wearing out my keyboard.


It has been moving forward though, Utopia moved it forward, The List is moving it forward.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:11 pm

Punchy wrote:It has been moving forward though, Utopia moved it forward, The List is moving it forward.

UTOPIA and the List moved it forward a year after it started!
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

McKegan
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9657
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:00 pm
Location: Flagstaff, AZ


Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:12 pm

You guys are losing steam.

Thread needs mo' Bendis buggering Punchy comments.

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34521
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 107 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:13 pm

thefifthman wrote:UTOPIA and the List moved it forward a year after it started!


Utopia started about 6 months into Dark Reign. It's not even been going a Year yet. It had to establish itself as the status quo first, and then start to change.

thefourthman
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 27386
Likes: 425 posts
Liked in: 235 posts
Joined: Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:02 pm
Location: durham, nc
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom


Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:14 pm

McKegan wrote:You guys are losing steam.

Thread needs mo' Bendis buggering Punchy comments.

fuck you, go buy embryonic.
Pull list: Afterlife with Archie, Bodies, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Coffin Hill, Dead Boy Detectives, The Fade Out, The Goon, Harley Quinn, Hinterkind, Iron Fist: The Living Weapon,The Maxx Maximized, Miracleman, Ms. Marvel, Multiversity, Rasputin, Rocket Raccoon, Sandman: Overture, Silver Surfer, The Walking Dead, Wonder Woman

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 64 guests

Advertisement