Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:16 pm

thefifthman wrote:UTOPIA and the List moved it forward a year after it started!

Let's see:

Iron Man on the lam.
New Avengers pretty much where they were.
Ms. Marvel replaced.
Wolverine repaced (in his monthly).
Captain America doing pretty much its own thing.
Spider-Man clashes with Osborn and his Avengers.

I think that's just about all the Marvel U books I read, but to say the story hasn't had any movement until Utopia and the List doesn't seem accurate.

Advertisement

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 37 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:18 pm

Punchy wrote:Utopia started about 6 months into Dark Reign. It's not even been going a Year yet. It had to establish itself as the status quo first, and then start to change.

It was the status quo when Secret Invasion ended. Dark Avengers is on issue 10, you twit. It has been a year. It has been establishing itself for all that time. That is my problem with modern comics storytelling in a nutshell right there. It takes a year of an entire comic universe's output to establish a fucking storyline, BEFORE it can move forward... :?

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:19 pm

McKegan wrote:Let's see:

Iron Man on the lam.
New Avengers pretty much where they were.
Ms. Marvel replaced.
Wolverine repaced (in his monthly).
Captain America doing pretty much its own thing.
Spider-Man clashes with Osborn and his Avengers.

I think that's just about all the Marvel U books I read, but to say the story hasn't had any movement until Utopia and the List doesn't seem accurate.

I can't figure out if this post is supposed to be helping me or hurting me, it seems conflicted.

As in Iron Man was on the lam at the end of SI
New Avengers have been in a holding pattern since SI started.
whoopie, who cares.
Wolverine has five titles, they needed to do something to make some one care
Captain America has been doing his own thing since issue #1
Spider-Man clashed with Osborn and his Avengers when they were the Thunderbolts and had a nice Initiative banner on their book.
Last edited by thefourthman on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:20 pm

thefifthman wrote:It was the status quo when Secret Invasion ended. Dark Avengers is on issue 10, you twit. It has been a year. It has been establishing itself for all that time. That is my problem with modern comics storytelling in a nutshell right there. It takes a year of an entire comic universe's output to establish a fucking storyline, BEFORE it can move forward... :?

Isn't this a failing of seeing all of Dark Reign as one, coherent storyline as opposed to a theme or a banner to mark a new status quo?

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:21 pm

thefifthman wrote:I can't figure out if this post is supposed to be helping me or hurting me, it seems conflicted.

It's supposed to distract you while Punchy sharpens the end of that toothbrush he never uses.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 54 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:22 pm

thefifthman wrote:It was the status quo when Secret Invasion ended. Dark Avengers is on issue 10, you twit. It has been a year. It has been establishing itself for all that time. That is my problem with modern comics storytelling in a nutshell right there. It takes a year of an entire comic universe's output to establish a fucking storyline, BEFORE it can move forward... :?

Secret Invasion #8 came out on December 3rd 2008, and Dark Reign proper began in the Secret Invasion: Dark Reign special, which came out on the 10th of the same month. It's not been a year yet, about 10 months, and it was definitely not a year when Utopia started

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:22 pm

McKegan wrote:Isn't this a failing of seeing all of Dark Reign as one, coherent storyline as opposed to a theme or a banner to mark a new status quo?

Marvel did this themselves when they said that Dark Reign would be ending starting the end of this year.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:23 pm

McKegan wrote:It's supposed to distract you while Punchy sharpens the end of that toothbrush he never uses.

oh, mission accomplished then.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Punchy wrote:Secret Invasion #8 came out on December 3rd 2008, and Dark Reign proper began in the Secret Invasion: Dark Reign special, which came out on the 10th of the same month. It's not been a year yet, about 10 months, and it was definitely not a year when Utopia started

okay BETTER part of a fucking year.
And UTOPIA did squat except bring the x-men into it.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 301 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:24 pm

Lunch and poop break, back in an hour.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:25 pm

thefifthman wrote:Marvel did this themselves when they said that Dark Reign would be ending starting the end of this year.

So, if they'd just sprung it on you as a surprise there would have been less bitching? I'm sure you, as a retailer, would have loved that.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:Lunch and poop break, back in an hour.

In that order, I hope. We all know you don't wash your hands.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:26 pm

McKegan wrote:It's supposed to distract you while Punchy sharpens the end of that toothbrush he never uses.

:lol: Ok, that was funny.

None of the DR or current status-quo books I've looked at or read were worth buying to me. (except the AWFUL fantastic four mini) So I mainly follow it in reviews and spoilers. Maybe if you guys were posting spoilers that didn't sound like Norman constantly chasing but not catching people or the New Avengers constantly fighting The Hood, my opinion would be different.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:27 pm

McKegan wrote:So, if they'd just sprung it on you as a surprise there would have been less bitching? I'm sure you, as a retailer, would have loved that.

I don't give a fuck really. Dark Reign has gone on way too long for something that has done the equivalent of putting the entire book on a bunch of spinning wheels hanging over a bottom less pit. They got it all started and had nowhere to go.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:30 pm

thefifthman wrote:I don't give a fuck really. Dark Reign has gone on way too long for something that has done the equivalent of putting the entire book on a bunch of spinning wheels hanging over a bottom less pit. They got it all started and had nowhere to go.

Isn't the Siege where they're going?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand