Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 205 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm

McKegan wrote:Isn't the Siege where they're going?

which will be the top of the next bottomless pit that the wheels hover above.

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 93 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:34 pm

thefifthman wrote:okay BETTER part of a fucking year.
And UTOPIA did squat except bring the x-men into it.

Um... remove Emma and Namor from the Cabal? Norman's attempts to replace them are what causes Siege to begin.

Utopia has also been felt in New Avengers, and directly lead into Ronin's actions in The List: Avengers.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:35 pm

Punchy wrote:Um... remove Emma and Namor from the Cabal? Norman's attempts to replace them are what causes Siege to begin.

Utopia has also been felt in New Avengers, and directly lead into Ronin's actions in The List: Avengers.

so it effected a one shot that went nowhere. and the book that has been in a holding pattern. okay. good job. I was wrong. Utopia is the most important comic of our time.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 0 post

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 pm

thefifthman wrote:which will be the top of the next bottomless pit that the wheels hover above.

So the real problem is these big events that force a bunch of books to acknowledge, not so much the absence of a 'story'?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:37 pm

thefifthman wrote:so it effected a one shot that went nowhere. and the book that has been in a holding pattern. okay. good job. I was wrong. Utopia is the most important comic of our time.

I never said it was that, but it was definitely a turning point in DR. And The List is going to lead into New Avengers Annual #3 out in December.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Maybe I just don't like the event-after-event philosophy Joe Q has been so successful with--and I think twice before spending an extra buck on a lot of those books that don't seem great to me. All of the Marvel books I read right now (Cap, FF, etc) all are not bogged down in DR territory. Just don't enjoy reading the rest right now.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:38 pm

House of J wrote:Maybe I just don't like the event-after-event philosophy Joe Q has been so successful with--and I think twice before spending an extra buck on a lot of those books that don't seem great to me. All of the Marvel books I read right now (Cap, FF, etc) all are not bogged down in DR territory. Just don't enjoy reading the rest right now.

Cap Reborn is pretty Osborn heavy.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:40 pm

McKegan wrote:So the real problem is these big events that force a bunch of books to acknowledge, not so much the absence of a 'story'?

no it is that a bunch of books a forced to acknowledge a story and then there is no story, it just goes on until the next part of the story happens and then there is no movement... event - status quo - nothing happens - event - status quo- nothing happens, rinse and repeat.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:42 pm

Punchy wrote:Cap Reborn is pretty Osborn heavy.

I'm talking about the regular series on hiatus, and you knew that. :roll:

The only reason to read Reborn is to see how Brubaker gets Steve back and because it hopefully explains what the hell Red Skull was doing for 30+ issues of the main book. Reborn has been pretty bad.

McKegan
Zombie Guard

Postby McKegan » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:42 pm

House of J wrote:Maybe I just don't like the event-after-event philosophy Joe Q has been so successful with--and I think twice before spending an extra buck on a lot of those books that don't seem great to me. All of the Marvel books I read right now (Cap, FF, etc) all are not bogged down in DR territory. Just don't enjoy reading the rest right now.

I've got to agree. I'm getting a bit burnt out on it. Unfortunately, while they keep helping to sell books, I don't see it changing.

Although, one of my favorite books, Angengers:Initiative has been arguably the most tied into all these events.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:46 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:You fuckers. We have to read Ares next week when this is out. I hate you all sometimes. I hate you all.

Fucking Vampires, Zombies, and Assholes.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Old Man
cheese

Postby Old Man » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:48 pm

Punchy wrote:But because it's got a Big Red M on the cover, it sucks?

If true, I'm going to tattoo a Big Red M on my next girlfriend's forehead.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:48 pm

McKegan wrote:I've got to agree. I'm getting a bit burnt out on it. Unfortunately, while they keep helping to sell books, I don't see it changing.

Although, one of my favorite books, Angengers:Initiative has been arguably the most tied into all these events.

See, I think we just burned out a little sooner is all. I burned out 3/4 through Secret Invasion, when Bendis really started to stutter with the narrative throughout the main book and tie-ins.

I don't mind if you other folks enjoy it, but it has shoe-horned me practically clear out of the 616.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:48 pm

House of J wrote:I'm talking about the regular series on hiatus, and you knew that. :roll:

The only reason to read Reborn is to see how Brubaker gets Steve back and because it hopefully explains what the hell Red Skull was doing for 30+ issues of the main book. Reborn has been pretty bad.

You said all the books you were currently reading, how can you currently read a book that's on hiatus? It makes sense that you'd be referring to Reborn.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:49 pm

Punchy wrote:You said all the books you were currently reading, how can you currently read a book that's on hiatus? It makes sense that you'd be referring to Reborn.

:roll: And you have the audacity to accuse other people of nitpicking, do you?

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand