Advertisement

So this is The Outhouse

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

kingofcities
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post

Postby kingofcities » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:55 am

starlord wrote:TIMBEROO IS HERE! TIMBEROO IS HERE!

This place is nearly complete!!!

WOO HOO!!!!

I LOVE your new avatar. 8) :smt045

Advertisement

diana_fan

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:32 am

cncoyle wrote:I can't remember--was it you or IvCNuB4 that suggested a Wonder Woman costume that was a blue version of Donna Troy's New Teen Titans costume?
Regardless, that could look interesting.

:mad:

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 593 posts
Title: Absent
Formerly: Daddy Longlegs, Max Power

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:33 am

diana_fan wrote::mad:
Hold on, now I know that wasn't you that made that suggestion. Why the :mad: face?
-

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:35 am

cncoyle wrote:Hold on, now I know that wasn't you that made that suggestion. Why the :mad: face?

Even the suggestion ...

I'm protective. OK. I'm crazy.

jza1218

Postby jza1218 » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:42 am

Thunderstorm wrote:I cut some waist-high holes in the wall but everyone is using them wrong. Welcome!!

The splinters hurt like hell...

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:53 am

diana_fan wrote:Even the suggestion ...

I'm protective. OK. I'm crazy.
Then make sure you don't check out this site ( http://hometown.aol.com/linacarol/ww.costhist1.html ), because Diana's costume is ever-changing.
-

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:11 am

cncoyle wrote:Then make sure you don't check out this site ( http://hometown.aol.com/linacarol/ww.costhist1.html ), because Diana's costume is ever-changing.

Carol's site. Yeah.

OK, yes, if you look at nearly 70 years of costumes in a few minutes, it seems "ever-changing."

But realistically? It's been, more or less, the same outfit for almost seven decades. Well, except for the bike-shorts outfit when Artemis was WW. And except for the white jumpsuit when she gave up her powers.

But otherwise. :)

Seriously, Wondy has a great outfit, and it is one which the regular public really recognizes. Everyone can look at that and say "Oh! Wonder Woman!" whether they've ever read comics or not. Changing it (which sooooo many WW fans seem to want to do) would be lunacy.

OK, I'm done. :)

outsider
Outhouse Drafter

Postby outsider » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:15 am

diana_fan wrote:Carol's site. Yeah.
Is that the same Carol that posted at Newsarama as Carol Strick?
diana_fan wrote:OK, I'm done. :)
You're done when I say you're done! :twisted: :P

I do wonder (no pun intended) why so many stories with a future setting or alternate universe drastically change Wonder Woman's costume but mostly leave Superman's & Batman's costumes alone. Think about DK2, Camelot Falls, Red Son, Rock of Ages, etc.
-

diana_fan

Postby diana_fan » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:22 am

cncoyle wrote:You're done when I say you're done! :twisted: :P

Correct, sir.

I do wonder (no pun intended) why so many stories with a future setting or alternate universe drastically change Wonder Woman's costume but mostly leave Superman's & Batman's costumes alone. Think about DK2, Camelot Falls, Red Son, Rock of Ages, etc.

Because women are more into fashion? :)

Honestly, I think it's because there's flat out less respect for Diana, so her costume is seen as something that can be changed, tinkered with, totally altered, whereas Superman, for instance, is seen as "iconic."

Now, that doesn't mean that all those changes are for the worse. Jim Lee's slight redesign in "For Tomorrow" was pretty kick ass. For a future story. But she should never change her outfit in regular continuity.

Thankfully, neither Aaron Lopresti in her book, nor Mark Bagley in Trinity have shown any interest in altering her outfit.

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Re: So this is The Outhouse

Postby CountD » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:56 am

Timberoo wrote:needs an air freshener

welcommen

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Asylum