Advertisement

Prozac Man's Pharmacy

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Liked in: 11 posts
Title: Sir PopsPills Alot
Formerly: Darth Prozac

Postby prozacman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:34 am

CountD wrote:You should be doing those semi-professionally or something. Really nice work..
Thanks D! I would like to do it pro, but I'm not sure how to market my self or who to. Any ideas to set me on the path?

Advertisement

CountD
Undead Member

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Senior Citizen
Formerly: t00lverine

Postby CountD » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:19 am

prozacman wrote:Thanks D! I would like to do it pro, but I'm not sure how to market my self or who to. Any ideas to set me on the path?

A website for starters showcasing your work.

Offer to do a business or two in town for free for recognition. Leave flyers.

Hope that helps. I'm not a business maverick or anything.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat May 09, 2009 3:24 pm

Mother's Day with the Fishes

The latest in the series of window paintings for my grandma. I painted the seaweed backwards so it reads Happy Mother's Day when viewed from outside. The window is about five and a half by six feet. I use poster paint so it can be washed off easily. I should have outlined the seaweed like I did for the fish. Unfortunately I only had two days to work on this one.

Inside View

Outside View

Inside View Flipped so you can read the text in the seaweed

Gypse77
luchadore

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Gypse77 » Sat May 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Dude, I love the concept of the pill figures... brilliant idea and execution. Have you ever thought about doing custom toys with them? They would be perfect for vinyl, but that's a pretty expensive route unless you've got some connections to Chinese factories. You could easily make resin molds for them though and hand paint 'em. Or, check out http://www.patchtogether.com/... they do order on demand vinyl and pick submitted designs for limited run toys. They might not do production of them themselves because of licensing, but you could definitely get away with doing a small order for yourself. Just sayin', I would buy them... especially the Cerebus.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Mon May 25, 2009 10:59 am

Gypse77 wrote:Dude, I love the concept of the pill figures... brilliant idea and execution. Have you ever thought about doing custom toys with them? They would be perfect for vinyl, but that's a pretty expensive route unless you've got some connections to Chinese factories. You could easily make resin molds for them though and hand paint 'em. Or, check out http://www.patchtogether.com/... they do order on demand vinyl and pick submitted designs for limited run toys. They might not do production of them themselves because of licensing, but you could definitely get away with doing a small order for yourself. Just sayin', I would buy them... especially the Cerebus.
Thanks and Cool sight. I alway wanted to make a marionette of my Prozac Man.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Keeping it simple this time. Some people loved the full window aquarium, but others just didn't get it. Just did a tropical Parrot Window this time.

Outside View

Inside View

Full Window

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:32 pm

A birthday desktop I made for my sister.

I also played around with the lighting intensity and made this video.
[youtube=425,344,bfYAyI9Zim0][/youtube]

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:53 pm

What I was doing before my car accident.

Cockatoo for Grandma

Phoenix for my aunt's birthday

Lord Simian
The Lord of the Monkeys

Liked in: 257 posts

Postby Lord Simian » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:13 am

Car accident? You ok?

Kong created the Outhouse to train the Faithful. One cannot go against the Word of Kong.---
The Teachings of Pawl Monk'Dib

Monkey, I like your style!
--Lex Luthor

Zenguru wrote:I trust Lord Simian's word more than my friend.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:53 am

Lord Simian wrote:Car accident? You ok?
My right knee, back and kneck are still hurting. Here is a link to a slide show of the pictures of my car (click on picture to view slide show) and a link to my car crash thread
http://www.theouthousers.com/forum/view ... highlight=

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:19 pm

Posting some of the animations and videos I did while at the School of the Museum of Fine Arts Boston. AKA how I spent my financial aid.

Prozac the Musical
is probably my most successful animation for having a spot in the gallery at the Federal Reserve Bank in Boston. It is also how I got the nick name Prozac Man. It was so well received that some one stole it from the gallery and I had to rerender the beginning to get it back in the show for the remainder of the month it was to be on display (hence the numbers and key frame errors. The Federal Reserve has improved their security since then...but that was due to 9/11...not my video being stolen.
[youtube=425,344,r3POQcRijw0][/youtube]

Data Base
This was an animation that I did for Director/Musician/Professor Jeff Hudson's Trip-Hop shows. It was projected in the background of all his live shows around Boston. Playing is such venues as Phoenix Landing and the Middle East. He asked if I could do some funky animation for him and I said sure. But by the time he needed it I only had about 15 seconds of animation rendered, and they were just test at that. So I used every wipe, transition, and filter that Adobe Premier 4 had to offer to get as much out of it as I could. Set to his funky dance music, it actually works. For more work by Jeff Hudson, go to http://www.officialjeffandjane.com/

[youtube=425,344,wV_VC_59x7s][/youtube]

J Q & Z from the Action Alphabet
these are all three letters I animated for the "Action Alphabet" collaborative project I worked on at the SMFA Boston in 2001. Every on in the class had to take a few letters of the alphabet each and do an animations that involved an action word beginning with the letters they were animating. I had J, Q, and Z.
[youtube=425,344,8zmPJZrOsNs][/youtube]

The Truth About Santa
This was a documentary I made in 2000 about Santa Claws. As it turns out, he is a mean spirted old fart that has shut down his operations at the North Pole and fired all the elves. He is now having toys manufactured by children in China.
[youtube=425,344,8S1j6O7gdX4][/youtube]

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:57 am

Illusion of Light

[youtube=425,344,6Kpj2p2Z0e0][/youtube]

This one is viewed best as a giant projection but I'm putting it up on You tube any way. I was doing some experimental animation at the time and came up with this technique while knocking over a house of cards I had filmed building up frame by frame. At first I used some royalty free images from the school library (inside St Paul's cathedral, Etc...). Soon I started to take my own photos for the project. I haven't watch or shown this video for a while due to where I took most of the photos. Most of the pictures of the city panoramics I took at the top of the World Trade Center. From when I made the video in 1997 to 2001 it was a feel good video. After 9/11 it took on a completely different meaning. I've finally come to terms with my issues about it.
EDIT: Was forced to change the music by youtube. :-(
It was originally Fine Day by Opus III (in a tribute way) but thats the way it gooes. Unfortunately youtube doesn't have much in their replacement music. I guess this will have to do.
I named it Illusion of Light as a play on the title of the Animation book Illusion of Life.

Interplanetary Pizza
[youtube=425,344,-qgtwjrQ9ms][/youtube]

Interplanetary Pizza was a collaborative project at the School of the Museum Of Fine Arts Boston in 2001. A lot of people put a lot of effort in to this animated short. Unfortunately the other students blew it off and never finished the middle portions of the project. Thus we made the best of what we had. I animated the hand to had fights, modeled the interior of the the pirate ship and the Star Trek inspired trucks, and did the video editing. I was also the TA for the class.

The Playground
[youtube=425,344,Htdx3hvH1G4][/youtube]

The Playground is a short film by the 1999 3D Animation Collaborative class at the School of the Museums of Fine Arts Boston. It is about the stereotypical kids that get picked on and how they get their revenge! I did all the sound recording and editing of the project.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Postby prozacman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:20 pm

Amalgam Craziness!

So I showed my younger cousin Akim the Dark Claw Beyond Evolution pictures I drew a few years ago.

He is now gone Amalgam Crazy and wanted me to draw some of his ideas for Amalgams. He described the characters to me in broken English (he's from Brazil) while I was drawing with a ball point pen and his thick craola markers. Here is what came out of the meat grinder.

First up is BatGhost, a fusion of Batman and Space Ghost. I gave him a Space Ghost action figure for his birthday (among many other toys I couldn't manage to ebay). I guess that is what inspired this combo. As I was drawing, requested the shield and wrist sword. He also insisted that he not have a cape. We went with a jet pack instead.

Next up is the BatLightning! He wanted to mix Batman and Electro. He didn't even know about the electric Red and Blue Supermans. This one he did a few sketches of him self but still wanted my take on the idea.

Akim's original drawings

For mine I tried doing an action shot with the Joker. Akim's sister, Isadora helped me color the Joker's pants and the lightning.

Finally, he wanted me to do a fusion of Robin and Starfire. I said that his dad would kill me if I drew that picture for him. His 11 year old mind went all Bevis and But-Head at the thoughts that line conjured up. He settled for if Robin and Starfire had a kid named Robin Fire.

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Y2K Dis Infomercial (Parody)

Postby prozacman » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:37 pm

Y2K Dis Infomercial (Parody)
Response to meekakitty's request for wost infomercials in her "I Love ShamWows" video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJtWztnrmZg

This is a parody/social commentary video edit that I made of the worst infomercial I had ever seen. In late 1999 I was channel surfing and found this Y2k infomercial on Telemondo. After watching just one minute of the ad, I knew I had to do an Emergency Broadcast Network style parody of it. Basically they were trying to scare people into buying products that would help you prepare for the end of the world on Y2K. This was the cheesiest overly melodramatinc production I had ever seen. But there was an even bigger problem with the ad. The scary parts were in English and the sales portions were in Spanish. Unless you were bilingual and yet ridiculously naive the full effect of what they were going for is lost on the viewer. Thus I can not see how this worked to sell any thing to any one. An even odder thing about it was that in the middle of the infomercial they had an ad for a Ricky Martian Special. Hence it's inclusion in the video.

[youtube=425,344,awgN68XzaKw][/youtube]

prozacman
Expert Post Whore

Re: Prozac Man's Pharmacy

Postby prozacman » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:27 pm

Pacman. Chalk on drive way.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner