Advertisement

Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 410 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:15 pm

amlah6 wrote:Morrison's Batman novella and Checkmate #26.

I can't believe anything was worse than Franklin Richards and Texas Chainsaw.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Advertisement

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:23 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:I can't believe anything was worse than Franklin Richards and Texas Chainsaw.

Bottom 10
Batman #663 3.59
Checkmate #26 4.09
Azrael #1 4.15
Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #1 4.17
Amber Atoms #1 4.25
Franklin Richards, Son of a Genius: Happy Franksgiving 4.32
Texas Chainsaw Massacre #1 4.34
Superman/Batman #37 4.60
Teen Titans #75 4.67

Amber Atoms probably would have scored lower if anyone else had read it. I think 4thy and I both went a bit easy on it out of pity.

thefourthman
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 184 posts
Title: The obtuser!
Formerly: your mom

Postby thefourthman » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:31 pm

amlah6 wrote:Bottom 10
Batman #663 3.59
Checkmate #26 4.09
Azrael #1 4.15
Uncle Sam and the Freedom Fighters #1 4.17
Amber Atoms #1 4.25
Franklin Richards, Son of a Genius: Happy Franksgiving 4.32
Texas Chainsaw Massacre #1 4.34
Superman/Batman #37 4.60
Teen Titans #75 4.67

Amber Atoms probably would have scored lower if anyone else had read it. I think 4thy and I both went a bit easy on it out of pity.

That shit wasn't as bad as this, mostly just super derivative.

Old Man
cheese

Liked in: 0 post

Postby Old Man » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:36 pm

amlah6 wrote:Morrison's Batman novella...

Was that the regular series issue that was all or nearly all words? If so, I never finished reading it, and I dropped the book after that.
I was perfectly content before I was born.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:40 pm

Old Man wrote:Was that the regular series issue that was all or nearly all words? If so, I never finished reading it, and I dropped the book after that.

Yep.

But if you never finished the storyline, you wouldn't learn who Dr Hurt was and why he... Oh, wait. Never mind.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts

Postby Chubbles » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:40 am

Azrael Review

I had been putting this off for as long as I could but I broke down last night and read it before bed. Based on everyone's reviews I thought this would suck really bad but I actually didn't mind it so much. Yes it was very cliche, and the main character is actually quite boring, but I liked some of the things that were done in this book. I liked the 'flash-forward' as others have refered to it as and I think that last page was definitely an interesting development. Finding out how it gets to that point actually made me want to stick this out for a couple more issues but after sitting down and thinking about it I decided i'd be avoiding it. Pretty standard mediocre art, nothing awful, just not anything special either.

The main reason why I'll drop this I decided is bc of the whole priest molestation thing. Yes pedophilia is fucking evil and I love seeing pedophiles get what they deserve, but using the Catholic church as the scapegoat for this has been so much and really does a disservice to all the priests who are actually good people. Yes there are bad priests, but there are bad people in every single walk of life. There are pedophile teachers, firemen, politicians, etc. Using the Catholic church as the scapegoat here is a cheap way to do it and it sort of pisses me off.

Another reason I'll drop this is I just have way too many books on my pull list already to bother with a medicore DC book.

Story 3
Art 4
Overall 3.5

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:46 am

We didn't see the pedophile get what he deserved anyway, though the killer would be heading for him next.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:53 am

House of J wrote:We didn't see the pedophile get what he deserved anyway, though the killer would be heading for him next.

yea but i treat people who do nothing about stopping pedophilia even though they are aware as being just as guilty. This is the reason why I actually may hate mothers/wives who are aware of their husbands activities and do nothing. It's a flaw in someones humanity that I could never forgive.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:02 am

Chubbles wrote:yea but i treat people who do nothing about stopping pedophilia even though they are aware as being just as guilty. This is the reason why I actually may hate mothers/wives who are aware of their husbands activities and do nothing. It's a flaw in someones humanity that I could never forgive.

Believe me, I understand what you're saying and agree. I just didn't think this comic did a great job of convincing the reader of those other people's culpability--we kind of had to just assume they were all guilty by association because someone said so.

Chubbles
Twenty-Something

Postby Chubbles » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 am

House of J wrote:Believe me, I understand what you're saying and agree. I just didn't think this comic did a great job of convincing the reader of those other people's culpability--we kind of had to just assume they were all guilty by association because someone said so.

true, i guess i just took his word for it...sadly i won't find out the truth as I won't be reading anymore issues

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Re: Review Group Week 193 - AZRAEL #1

Postby GLX » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:41 pm

That was odd. Bach's didn't completely suck, but it ain't to my liking.

5* out 10*

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The News Stand