OK, with the influx of newbies Lord Simian and I reckoned it was time to have another one of these tournaments. Having won the last three, I'm taking over as quizmaster (also Rob wants to play for a change).
As ever the rules are: no looking up the answers. PM your answers to me and I will tally up the scores. Round One ends on Saturday 14th, so get your answers to me by then, then watch out for Round Two.
OK, here goes:
Round One (Easy-ish)
1. Who wrote the fable of the mouse and the frog?
2. "You are a china shop, I am a bull. / You are really good food, but I'm full." Song and singer?
3. Every human ever to have lived wakes up naked and hairless on the banks of an endless river. What classic sci-fi series of novels begins with this premise, and who wrote them?
4. Which country won the Soccer World Cup in 1966?
5. Which team won the first two Superbowls?
6. Name the first three actors to play the Doctor in Doctor Who.
There we go: easy!