Advertisement

Review Group 194 - DARK AVENGERS: ARES #1

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

What should we do for Week 208

Poll ended at Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 am

Free-for-All
50%
Review 'Em All
20%
The #1's
30%

Total votes : 20

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:00 pm

why couldn't we do any of the three? If we want to review our favorite number 1 or review all the comics or whatever?

My only question is, how do you put it on the list as a final average? Or would you just skip it that week? :?

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:01 pm

House of J wrote::lol: Amlah6, Wad of Gwar, eh?

GWAR!!!

Postby ****** » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:04 pm

starlord wrote:why couldn't we do any of the three? If we want to review our favorite number 1 or review all the comics or whatever?

Well, theoretically in the Free-for-All you could review any old #1's that you wanted to review. :smt102

starlord wrote:My only question is, how do you put it on the list as a final average? Or would you just skip it that week? :?

It'll be like Week 104 where there's no average listed.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:04 pm

Semi-seriously though, are there no investigative journalists left in the 616? Has Ben Urich retired or something?

Postby ****** » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 pm

House of J wrote:Semi-seriously though, are there no investigative journalists left in the 616? Has Ben Urich retired or something?

He runs Frontline.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:06 pm

amlah6 wrote:He runs Frontline.

And have they been reporting any of the ludicrous stuff happening under Osborn? :?

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:06 pm

House of J wrote:Semi-seriously though, are there no investigative journalists left in the 616? Has Ben Urich retired or something?

Ben Urich is currently running his own Newspaper, called Frontline. He's been making sporadic appearances in Amazing Spider-Man as Peter's sometime boss, was in Hulk #600, and has been investigating Norman Osborn in Diggle's Dark Reign: Hawkeye (the final issue of which is still not out, what the heck?)

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:08 pm

Punchy wrote:Ben Urich is currently running his own Newspaper, called Frontline. He's been making sporadic appearances in Amazing Spider-Man as Peter's sometime boss, was in Hulk #600, and has been investigating Norman Osborn in Diggle's Dark Reign: Hawkeye (the final issue of which is still not out, what the heck?)

Ronin-hawkeye or Bullseye-hawkeye?

So, I don't read a lot of that, in the last year what has Urich managed to uncover do you know?

Postby ****** » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:09 pm

House of J wrote:And have they been reporting any of the ludicrous stuff happening under Osborn? :?

What Punchy said.

The last issue of ASM that we reviewed had a Frontline reporter working undercover inside Avengers Tower working to expose some of it. I have no idea if that's been followed up on since I haven't read any Spidey since 600.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:10 pm

amlah6 wrote:What Punchy said.

The last issue of ASM that we reviewed had a Frontline reporter working undercover inside Avengers Tower working to expose some of it. I have no idea if that's been followed up on since I haven't read any Spidey since 600.

So, spinning wheels then.

I mean all you'd have to do is interview any of the survivors or family of any number of people who've been crippled or killed.

I just can't find this status-quo credible in the least.
Last edited by Victorian Squid on Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:10 pm

House of J wrote:Ronin-hawkeye or Bullseye-hawkeye?

So, I don't read a lot of that, in the last year what has Urich managed to uncover do you know?

Bullseye-Hawkeye.

Urich has been digging around Norman's actions, and I think is close to discovering that his Hawkeye is actually Bullseye, but that mini hasn't finished yet.

In Amazing Spider-Man, the American Son storyline (which we reviewed an issue of) had Norah Winters, an employee of Frontline discovering some big dirt on Norms, but she was intimidated into sitting on the story.

Postby ****** » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:11 pm

House of J wrote:So, spinning wheels then.

I'm petitioning Webster's to make spinning wheels and Dark Reign synonyms.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:13 pm

I'm pretty sure the end of Dark Reign was never going to be due to investigative journalism, it's going to be a big fight. This isn't a job for Urich, it's one for Captain America.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:13 pm

Punchy wrote:Bullseye-Hawkeye.

Urich has been digging around Norman's actions, and I think is close to discovering that his Hawkeye is actually Bullseye, but that mini hasn't finished yet.

In Amazing Spider-Man, the American Son storyline (which we reviewed an issue of) had Norah Winters, an employee of Frontline discovering some big dirt on Norms, but she was intimidated into sitting on the story.

It's just been going on too long to find that believable. Like my edit said:

I mean all you'd have to do is interview any of the survivors or family of any number of people who've been crippled or killed.

I just can't find this status-quo credible in the least.

Also, if this Norah character did that she shouldn't be a fictional journalist.

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:14 pm

amlah6 wrote:I'm petitioning Webster's to make spinning wheels and Dark Reign synonyms.

I will co-sign that.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand